Can Someone Upload A Cool Samp 9 Demo Video?

SEA

Hey Forum!

Can someone post a more complete video and overview on Samplitude 9 Pro on the web like on YouTube or something?

I've seen the short clips on YouTube, but it would be cool to have someone shoot like a project from start to finish cutting midi... adding effects... perhaps an audio track or 2... then mix it down to wave etc. Something that shows how it would be done in a real life studio situation.

Perhaps someone could shoot it themselves with a cam and load it up! :)

Jamie :D

Thanks jimi!

I've seen these before... what I'm looking for is like a real live demonstration.

Like... let say you sat down on your computer and you had a camera shooting over your shoulder at the monitor and you said something like "Ok... here's how you start a new midi project in Samplitude."

"First you start a new project.. then you add a midi track... now you load HALion into your VSTi panel for that track.... load a grand piano into HALion... then, you route the reverb so you can here it while you play your sampled piano in real time. So far so good!"

Next... hit record and play. Now as you are recording your sampled piano... notice the midi parts being cut in real time. Looks good!"

"After we are finished cutting our new piano part... we click on the midi editor to take a listen and see the performance. Hmmm... it's pretty good but there's a note played too loudly here, and that grace note came it a bit late. So.. lets quickly changed those notes... now let's take a listen... Sounds better!"

"Let's listen again to make it's what we want. Hmmm... the tempo seems to be a little rushed 2 minutes into the song. Let's open up the Tempo Track and using automation, lets slow it down from 2:03 to 2:10. That's better! Now let's keep it a few bpm slower till the end of the song to give it more of a relaxed feeling. PERFECT!"

"Now lets add some mastering effects in the bus out. Cool! Next, let's add the POW-r to dither and burn it directly to a CD. Wow... a perfect burn!!!" :)

"Awesome mix right from midi to CD effects and all!"

This is how it was explained to me on the forum that you can do this.

Here's the thread.

http://support.magix.net/boards/samplitude...showtopic=11740

But I haven't seen it in a real live presentation. (hmmm). Perhaps someone lives in the Tampa Florida area who can show me at their studio eh?

Thanks again,

Jamie :D

This video would be easy to do, despite of "notice the midi parts being cut in real time.". MIDI recording doesn't update/draw MIDI-objects while recording, this only works for audio recordings. But everything else is plain and simple, you just need to know how you can quickly set/adjust tempo markers in the ruler (by using timestretch mousemode and shift+click/drag in the ruler). Maybe I find time and do the video with my photocam's video function in the next couple of days...

What is more difficult for a newcomer would be to setup ASIO, set your VST plug-in path etc.., i.e. to create the basic DAW configuration. But this holds true for any DAW out there...

Greetings,

Frank

This video would be easy to do, despite of "notice the midi parts being cut in real time.". MIDI recording doesn't update/draw MIDI-objects while recording, this only works for audio recordings. But everything else is plain and simple, you just need to know how you can quickly set/adjust tempo markers in the ruler (by using timestretch mousemode and shift+click/drag in the ruler). Maybe I find time and do the video with my photocam's video function in the next couple of days...

What is more difficult for a newcomer would be to setup ASIO, set your VST plug-in path etc.., i.e. to create the basic DAW configuration. But this holds true for any DAW out there...

Greetings,

Frank

WOW!! You'd do that Frank? I have never seen such support in my 25 years of recording!!!!! :D

I'm sorry if I seem like such a pain asking all these details about the midi and all. Dr. Funk says "you're weird" but you have to consider the source with him ya know. :)

I'm a professional who has a project studio here in Florida. I called Sam Ash music but the dude there never heard of Samplitude and all they have in their SKU is version 8.

I'm the kind of guy that researches stuff to the Nth degree. My wife calls me "Mr. Relentless" cause I work full time on my music and business, and I want only the best that I can get that my budget allows.

I also work with teens in a youth band here and I'm teaching them about recording. One of them is building a studio and wants the best too. So... should I start him with SX 3 and then later go to Samplitude?

I would rather get the crossgrade... spend 20 hours a week learning Samp 9, get help from the forum (of course) and who knows... perhaps I could even do clinics for MAGIX over here in the music stores one day!

People in the area know my music and my reputation. To me... Samplitude seems to be the best solution for a long term company, and a stable PC platform with the best sound. Sonar 6 would unfortunately be the 2nd choice since Steiny is having issues.

I do believe Steinberg will come through... but as far as their support goes... if we had 1,000 SX users come over to Samplitude 9... then perhaps it would be their "wake up call." Perhaps a little too late, hmmm?

Well Frank! God bless you, your family, and all of MAGIX!!!! You are a saint to do that for me and for the rest of us SX users!

You get something up on the web... just like I asked... something detailed... just like a project from start to scratch... with the effects, master plugs... just like us SX users do already and I'll get that vid out to ALL my mates in the Cubendo world to see! I'll get on their forum and say "Hey... take a look at this!!: HA!

One suggestion if I may add. When doing the video... please explain what you are doing so that someone who's used to SX gets it. Perhaps like "Now in Samplitude 9 it's a bit different... you don't see it the way you would in other programs" or something to that effect.

Thanks again,

Jamie

Dont mind me, I think everybody is wierd. :D

Florida eh? What part? I think new comers really could use a "ask video" type of full length samplitude dvd.

I know I would pay for it but first please fix midi. :)

Dont mind me, I think everybody is wierd. :D

Florida eh? What part? I think new comers really could use a "ask video" type of full length samplitude dvd.

I know I would pay for it but first please fix midi. :)

HEY DF!!!!!

I don't mind you a bit!!! :P You make my day every time we connect!!! :D

I'm in Tampa Florida. It would be so AWESOME if there was SOMEBODY down here in this are who really new Samplitude 9 on the VSTi side and can do stuff with it like I do with SX 3.

As far as the video thing goes! YES!!!!! Awesome if we could get one like "Hi... my name is ------ ----- one of the developers of Sequoia & Samplitude 9! And today, I'm hear to show you what YOU can do with Samplitude 0 professional using midi VSTi's, audio, from the Start of a project, to the Finished master CD." That type of thing!

Then... walk through the VSTi thing... adding effects, real time verb, eq, comp, using VSTi's like Trilogy, Groove Agent (I know.. still have to fix the midi out in GA) or DFHS, and some keys etc. The cut a vocal track too! Mix it... Burn it.... "YEAH BAAAAY BEEEEE!!!!!"

Now.. if the vocal thing is too much right now.. I understand.. Hey.. it could just be a scratch vocal track not some hot singer! (HA)

Anyway... what do you say MAGIX? Are you up for it? Franks said he would so... will hold his toes to the flame on this one!

Jamie