Samplitude Did Not Respone To Mackie?

Blueberry

This is what was said on the Mackie forum.

"Samplitude has been supported by the Mackie Control for a long time, so you can indeed use the two together.

It is true that they are one of the only supported software that does not have an overlay. However, I recently emailed them to ask if they'd be interested in working with us to make one, since I agree that any software that's supported should have one to make the labels appear correctly.

We have not yet heard back from them, but if necessary we can try to work out the labels ourselves and still the overlay. It's always best when the label info comes from the actual DAW publisher though.

As for how to use the Mackie Control with samplitude, the best way to learn about that is to:

1. Go to http://www.samplitude.com/eng/seq/demo.html

where you can download the demo of version 9, as well as the user's manual.

2. Check out pages 233-235 of the user's manual, where it discusses how to connect, configure, and use a Mackie Control and extenders with Samplitude.

Thanks!

Dan S"

I am so close to getting Samplitude but this is one of the things that bothers me. I would really like an overlay on the Mackie Controller for Samplitude. With Cubase, Sonar and others having one and Samplitude not, the functionality on some things will not be as good. Please Samplitude, talk to Mackie and lets get one of these overlays. It is only midi commands and they appear to want to work with you. :)

This is what was said on the Mackie forum.

"Samplitude has been supported by the Mackie Control for a long time, so you can indeed use the two together.

It is true that they are one of the only supported software that does not have an overlay. However, I recently emailed them to ask if they'd be interested in working with us to make one, since I agree that any software that's supported should have one to make the labels appear correctly.

We have not yet heard back from them, but if necessary we can try to work out the labels ourselves and still the overlay. It's always best when the label info comes from the actual DAW publisher though.

As for how to use the Mackie Control with samplitude, the best way to learn about that is to:

1. Go to http://www.samplitude.com/eng/seq/demo.html

where you can download the demo of version 9, as well as the user's manual.

2. Check out pages 233-235 of the user's manual, where it discusses how to connect, configure, and use a Mackie Control and extenders with Samplitude.

Thanks!

Dan S"

I am so close to getting Samplitude but this is one of the things that bothers me. I would really like an overlay on the Mackie Controller for Samplitude. With Cubase, Sonar and others having one and Samplitude not, the functionality on some things will not be as good. Please Samplitude, talk to Mackie and lets get one of these overlays. It is only midi commands and they appear to want to work with you. ;)

I actaully emailed Magix and they replied that they have contacted Mackie and are working on this. This is very good news. Hopefull in about 6 months we will have it.