Question On Vst Plug Ins

Blueberry

Just got my Samplitude 9 in the mail today. I registered, and got the dongle going.

However in the Samplitude 9 demo there was a VST folder. In the professional version, I don't see a VST folder in Magix. Do I create one or what? My UAD plug ins and Waves are not showing up under VST. However the Waves are showing up in DX.

In samp, the vst folder is not really set by default, at leats for me. :blink:

So I navigate to the VST PLUGINS folder created in my programs folder in C: drive.

many times plugins will want to install in a steinberg/vst folder..I let them do this, then move the dll's to my samplitude vst folder...so far works great becasue sometimes I have noticed plugs act goofy if you change the install folder, it shouldt have any affect, but sometimes.... :)

In samp, the vst folder is not really set by default, at leats for me. :blink:

So I navigate to the VST PLUGINS folder created in my programs folder in C: drive.

many times plugins will want to install in a steinberg/vst folder..I let them do this, then move the dll's to my samplitude vst folder...so far works great becasue sometimes I have noticed plugs act goofy if you change the install folder, it shouldt have any affect, but sometimes.... :)

Ok, I just created a VST plug folder in Magix and copied and pasted the VST plug ins from Cubase into this folder. The first time I ran it it froze. I closed and reopend and it works now.

Why didn't they have a VST folder in Samplitude.

Some Cubendo VSTplugs only run with Cubendo.

So you might have to start Samp several times until all crashing/faulty plug-ins are sorted out.

If you have several VST folders, you can setup the VST plug-in path, let samp browse it, then set another path and let samp browse it again. All found plug-ins are referenced in the vstplugins.ini file then and are available in samplitude.

Regards,

Frank