I Am So Frustrated

Blueberry

I opened up the plug ins, picked BFD or Sample tank, opened up a drum groove and drum kit (and opened up a piano sound,) and no sound is coming out. The monitor button is on. What the heck is going on? What is more frustrating is I was able to do this in the Samplitude demo. It seems like the work flow is different on the real version.

Let me just go thru this, so that were on the same page.

1 make a track, set it to midi

2 bring up a vsti in that track / bfd or sampletank

3 select output to one track, for right now

4 set midi input from device, in my case a keyboard connected to my 1820M

5 monitor and play to hear what the sound is

6 record...

Its working over hear, im sure someone can give better details as to how to set it up. for me it was the same as the 8se from computer music.

Let me just go thru this, so that were on the same page.

1 make a track, set it to midi

2 bring up a vsti in that track / bfd or sampletank

3 select output to one track, for right now

4 set midi input from device, in my case a keyboard connected to my 1820M

5 monitor and play to hear what the sound is

6 record...

Its working over hear, im sure someone can give better details as to how to set it up. for me it was the same as the 8se from computer music.

Something is not right with my whole setup. I can't get any sound out of Samplitude. And what pisses me off was I could do it in the demo. I don't understand. I have a two track playing in Samplitude, the output meters are moving. I put my Apogee ADAT's with RME card the same settings as in Cubase and the demo of Samplitude both which worked. Now with the real version I get no sound. I also can't upgrade to 9.01 since I don't get a authorization number. I am ready to sell Samplitude and stick with Cubase SX3. This really sucks.

Check that in the Mixer the Master channel output (on the right bottom) is set to the correct audio output device channel. Maybe try to disable "ASIO Boost" in the Systems settings dialog (Y).

Also check the "Mix input and playback" option in the monitoring section.

I am sure the problem can be solved soon, especially since the Demo worked out of the box already. Did you have the "REC M" resp. "Moni." button activated in the transport console? The first 9.0 version sometimes didn't play in hybrid mode if this was not activated, this may be your problem...

I am sorry that your first experience with the paid version is irksome, but I am sure that it will pay back after you have mastered the first steps (and CDs, hehe).

Greetings,

Frank

Check that in the Mixer the Master channel output (on the right bottom) is set to the correct audio output device channel. Maybe try to disable "ASIO Boost" in the Systems settings dialog (Y).

I am sure the problem can be solved soon, especially since the Demo worked out of the box already. Did you have the "REC M" resp. "Moni." button activated in the transport console? The first 9.0 version sometimes didn't play in hybrid mode if this was not activated, this may be your problem...

I am sorry that your first experience with the paid version is irksome, but I am sure that it will pay back after you have mastered the first steps (and CDs, hehe).

Greetings,

Frank

That was it. THANK GOD.

Notice though that when you record the main output lights don't go on. Is this normal.

>What is more frustrating is I was able to do this in the Samplitude demo. It seems like the work flow is >different on the real version.

The demo already was 9.01, the shipped version still is 9.0.

Just be sure to get the update ASAP. We'll deal with this next

week.

Regards,

Volker

>What is more frustrating is I was able to do this in the Samplitude demo. It seems like the work flow is >different on the real version.

The demo already was 9.01, the shipped version still is 9.0.

Just be sure to get the update ASAP. We'll deal with this next

week.

Regards,

Volker

Thanks I have 9.02 now and these issues seem to be taken care of. Now I have to go through a learning curve on some things.

Now the BFD drum work as well as my other VST instruments. However the meters on the mixer don't light up unless you click the Midi button all the way on top of each drum piece. I also found you have the option to have audio and mid show up on the meters on the arrange page. However it does not seem to work on every drum track. Unless there are numerous clicks of a mouse I have to do to get it working. Inside BFD, the meters don't lit up either. (they did light up in Cubase)

Thanks I have 9.02 now and these issues seem to be taken care of. Now I have to go through a learning curve on some things.

Now the BFD drum work as well as my other VST instruments. However the meters on the mixer don't light up unless you click the Midi button all the way on top of each drum piece. I also found you have the option to have audio and mid show up on the meters on the arrange page. However it does not seem to work on every drum track. Unless there are numerous clicks of a mouse I have to do to get it working. Inside BFD, the meters don't lit up either. (they did light up in Cubase)

Glad you got it working Blue!!!! :blink:

With all us Cubendo users coming over... we'll be making the developers work overtime for sure!!! :)

Hey Blueberry... does BFD write midi? I know Groove Agent writes midi but it's not writing in Samp yet... not till the next upgrade I think :blink:

Best,

Jamie :lol:

Glad you got it working Blue!!!! :blink:

With all us Cubendo users coming over... we'll be making the developers work overtime for sure!!! :)

Hey Blueberry... does BFD write midi? I know Groove Agent writes midi but it's not writing in Samp yet... not till the next upgrade I think :blink:

Best,

Jamie :lol:

BFD does write midi.

By the way, I just tried out Giga Studio with Samplitude and was blown away. In Cubase, you have to turn on the rewire. Then minimize Cubase. Then click on the icon for Giga, after it loads and I selected a instrument, I would click back to Cubase and have to wait about 5-8 seconds before I could work back in Cubase. I could never use the convolution reverb in Giga because it was too stressful for my Pent IV 2.8 computer with 2 gigs of ram. In Samplitude, I just click rewire, a Giga option is right there and when I choose it, it opens Giga right from Samplitude. I can switch back and forth between each program with no a second delay. Its smooth, there's no glitches and I can use the convolution reverb in Giga and my CPU is still only at about 28%. This is amazing. Samplitude does require a lot less CPU than Cubase thats for sure.