No Channel Fx?

SabreChris

Have ordered V9 Pro, but am using the demo and am not able to get channel FX to work.

Master EQ works fine, but channel FX are not being applied.

Am running an instance of EZ drummer and am trying to test variverb. No FX. Then noticed that channel EQ is not working either.

Did not have problem with V8 demo. Must be a setting. any help appreciated.

Yes, in track fx monitoring, you have to put VSTi into monitoring mode manually. (In non-monitoring mode (economy mode) they require less CPU power (due to larger buffer sizes), that's why you can deal with monitoring modes at all).

If you don't want to remember setting VSTi monitoring manually all the time, you can also switch to hybrid engine (engine slider all the way right, "mixer fx monitoring"). This mode might eat up some more CPU power, as I pointed out above.

Yes, in track fx monitoring, you have to put VSTi into monitoring mode manually. (In non-monitoring mode (economy mode) they require less CPU power (due to larger buffer sizes), that's why you can deal with monitoring modes at all).

If you don't want to remember setting VSTi monitoring manually all the time, you can also switch to hybrid engine (engine slider all the way right, "mixer fx monitoring"). This mode might eat up some more CPU power, as I pointed out above.

Frank,

Its great that a devloper responds to these threads. The "signal to noise" ratio is very high on these forums. :)

I work as a software engineer in the USA and I am impressed with Samp and believe that it is not carrying as much bagage as other sequencers so it should do very well moving forward. However, I have to confess that the whole "hybrid engine" concept is not terribly clear. (I feel I got this to work because I was lucky in finding the right combination of settings on the VST and Samp.) This may be because I do not yet have the printed manual and am just using the V9 demo. However, when you switch modes, maybe there could be a pop up or context help that describes exactly what each mode means and what constraints are imposed -- and what you need to do in your VTi. There is a pop up, but it doesnt say "enable monitoring in your VSTi". It just talks about buffers.

Also, who is the primary audience of the hybrid engine? I can see it being useful to me because my DAW is an ancient AMD 2400+, but most power users are on dual core or are using non-native plugs, and if you need more processing power, wont your first step be to increase latency? I saw maybe a 10-15% differnce in processing when switching between modes, so I'm not sure if I understand the benfit or if it is worth the additional complexity. I'm just a hobby user.

Can you help explain this concept?

Thanks,

Chris