Samplitude For Rent Or Buy?

monodonk

Hello

I am seriously considering to rent or to buy Samplitude Classic. I've tried out the samplitude 9 professional demo version for a while and have desided that Samplitude is just the right program for my use - witch is mainly composing and producing music in my home ministudio. I also need a program that is easy to use when I'm giving guitar & bass lessons at work. The ability to record drumloops(EZdrummer) and guitar riffs is essential in the way I'm teaching. I am also planing to build a mini pc based recordingstudio in my band's rehearsel room.

The problem is that I can't figure out if there is any limitations on how many diffrent computers I can install Samplitude on, or if there is any differences with limitations beetween the rent or buy versions concerning this issue.

I need samplitude on at least three computers - and I run xp with dualboot so I can work with audio on a clean OS(no internet etc...), and try out new plug-ins and progs on another OS (with internet). So I actually need to install Samplitude on a minimum of four diffrent OS's.

So the question is: Is this possible?

Or do I have to buy or rent a diffrent key for each installation?

If this is the case - is it possible to install Samplitube on a USB harddisc and move it between computers?

if anyone has the answard to these questions or any suggestions on what would be the better choice between buy or rent for me. I would be most grateful.

Many thanks

Monodonk.

"Please do executse my bad English - it's not my native tonge"

hi monodonk,

>> I need samplitude on at least three computers - and I run xp with dualboot so I can work with audio on a clean OS(no internet etc...), and try out new plug-ins and progs on another OS (with internet). So I actually need to install Samplitude on a minimum of four diffrent OS's.

So the question is: Is this possible? <<

you can install samplitude program files on as many computers as you like. but you can run the program only once at a time because of the hardware dongle. this has to be attached on the computer while running samplitude.

>>...is there any differences with limitations beetween the rent or buy versions...?<<

no, there are no differencies regarding program files between the rent or buy version.

the only difference is: if you buy you have to pay once a time, if you rent, you pay over a large scale of time...

>> ...is it possible to install Samplitube on a USB harddisc and move it between computers?... <<

i wouldn't do that!!!

cheers, andy

i wouldn't do that!!!

It is however possible. You only have to copy the dlls that are normally run from system32 into the program directory. Actually, you can do that file by file, as Samplitude will crash with an error message pointing at the missing dll. Additionally you need to keep track of your paths and Audio setup manually then.

Cheers,

S