Sam And Emulator X2

clerks

Hi, :D

i'm a newcomer and i would like to know if there is anybody else who use EmulatorX or X2 with SAM9.

I ask because i have many probleme with SAM and EmuX . First it works only with SAM9.1 I tried the 9.11 patch or 9.01 or 9 it doesn't work.

EmulatorX and sam crash each time i tried to load EMUX (as VST). And When i use the sam 9.1 it works but it's very unstable, sam "Freeze" or emulator X crash. :(

Anyway if somebody else use this soft could you explain how you use together? ;)

Thank's

PIV 3.4 /ASUS P5LD2 /2 Sata Hard drive (150Gb)/ 2Go memory

Hi, :D

i'm a newcomer and i would like to know if there is anybody else who use EmulatorX or X2 with SAM9.

I ask because i have many probleme with SAM and EmuX . First it works only with SAM9.1 I tried the 9.11 patch or 9.01 or 9 it doesn't work.

EmulatorX and sam crash each time i tried to load EMUX (as VST). And When i use the sam 9.1 it works but it's very unstable, sam "Freeze" or emulator X crash. :(

Anyway if somebody else use this soft could you explain how you use together? ;)

Thank's

PIV 3.4 /ASUS P5LD2 /2 Sata Hard drive (150Gb)/ 2Go memory

Hi,

I've used the X2 with versions 9.0, 9.01, 9.02, 9.1 and 9.11 with almost no problems, so it may just be a settings issue. See my post HERE regarding my problem.

When I had major stability issues with the X2 I had to adjust my Plugins Buffer settings, and I've had no problems since then. Try this:

Restart Samplitude and open a project (VIP) then,

Press "Y" (keyboard shortcut), this will open the System settings dialog (see the attached screenshot), then go to - Effects >VST/DirectX/Rewire. Select "Forced ASIO Buffers" from the "Presets" pull-down menu, click OK then try using the X2.

asiobufferbz0.th.jpg

I hope this helps.

Regards

Dean

Hi,

I tried :

When I had major stability issues with the X2 I had to adjust my Plugins Buffer settings, and I've had no problems since then. Try this:

Restart Samplitude and open a project (VIP) then,

Press "Y" (keyboard shortcut), this will open the System settings dialog (see the attached screenshot), then go to - Effects >VST/DirectX/Rewire. Select "Forced ASIO Buffers" from the "Presets" pull-down menu, click OK then try using the X2.

http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=asiobufferbz0.jpg

And it works, i could patch SAM9 in 9.11 and now , Emulator X2 start.

THANK'S A LOT !! Dean & FrankProposch for your faster help ;)

I'll check later if everything is fine, i'll informe you if everythink is OK...

Regards

Marco

And it works, i could patch SAM9 in 9.11 and now , Emulator X2 start.

THANK'S A LOT !! Dean & FrankProposch for your faster help ;)

I'll check later if everything is fine, i'll informe you if everythink is OK...

Regards

Marco

Hi, no problem, happy to help.

Frank & Michael helped me out with this very same problem so it's nice to be able to pass on the info.

Regards

Dean

Unfortunatly, now i could load EmuX2 but my project is so unstable i couldn't work :( .

In fact i use 9 instances (9 different tracks and one different bank for each) of EMUX2 in my project (my project come from Live6 and it works).

I have one more VST ( ZETA from RGC audio). On this track i have many trouble too, after three or four time i read my project, it seem's that Sam9 start try to record my keyboard controller's (my keyboard is an EMU49 , and it is disconnecte at this time, i didn't try it with sam 9 yet) but there is nothing to record (i didn't touch anything, i just listened my project)...

I have one sample in Emux who alway disynchronise itself ???...

Moreover the cpu and DSP load, somtimes display 200% load and after sam crash. I tried to increase the ASIO lantency buffer (from 8 to 14ms) but it crah sam9 also.

If there as any configuration i miss ?? ;)

In fact i use 9 instances (9 different tracks and one different bank for each) of EMUX2 in my project.

Hi, this means you are potentially running 144 different midi tracks, plus streaming the related samples from disk.

The X2 is multi-timbral so if you're not using anywhere close this number of tracks. Then you should close some of the instances of the X2 and use the spare midi channels. In other words, use all 16 midi channels in a X2 before opening another instance of it.

Moreover the cpu and DSP load, somtimes display 200% load and after sam crash. I tried to increase the ASIO lantency buffer (from 8 to 14ms) but it crah sam9 also.

I'm pretty sure this is related to the number instances of the X2 you have running in your project. The X2 does tend to put bit of a strain on the CPU.

If you really need to use 9 instances, then try freezing some of them. This will take some the strain off your CPU, and you can unfreeze & refreeze the track(s) (X2) at any point for further editing, processing etc.

Good luck.

Dean

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your answer Dean,

I always use the freeze, and never use use 9 instances at the same Time. In fact i use just one by one the others instances are always Freeze.

Actuallly all my emux2 track's are freeze and most of my problems come from with midi Vsti insutruments (not spécially Emux2). Actually i add some track with the ZETA+ and i have few problemes of sound (some "crack noise" appear some time) I precise I alway's work with freeze (i add a new midi track and when it done i freeze it, before record a new one). I'm not sure of where my trouble come from (EMu ASIO driver?, my PC the PIV is not a good processor i think, wrong configuration i did, i'm so newer in samlplitude..)

Anyway thanks to take time to help me, and i just want to say I never hear so good sound since i work with samplitude :lol: , and i appologized to answered :D so later , but i was not at home last week.

Best regard