Couple A Dumb Questions

krizrox

1) When I lasso a bunch of clips (er... I mean objects) - why can't I drag the ends at the same time? Seems like sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. I want to be able to select a group of objects and then slip edit the ends of all selected objects at the same time.

2) Putting Sam on a second monitor causes tool tips to pop up on the first (primary) monitor. Any way to change that behaviour?

3) Object background/foreground colors - any way to establish a default setting so that each track gets a different color object? Or do I have to manually go in and change each object one at a time.

Thanks!

hi,

1) When I lasso a bunch of clips (er... I mean objects) - why can't I drag the ends at the same time? Seems like sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. I want to be able to select a group of objects and then slip edit the ends of all selected objects at the same time.

yes ... if someone else could explain .;. because I never understand why it works sometimes, and sometimes not ... :)

When you record some tracks, then you want edit the end of each object, it works. But if you edit first only one object, it seems it's "breaking" the possibility of edit all at the same time. I don't know if I'm very clear ... :)

2) Putting Sam on a second monitor causes tool tips to pop up on the first (primary) monitor. Any way to change that behaviour?

yes, same as above B)

If you use the mixer on the second monitor, the tool tips are on the first too ! very annoying to read volume or pan info ! ;)

3) Object background/foreground colors - any way to establish a default setting so that each track gets a different color object? Or do I have to manually go in and change each object one at a time.

go to System prefs > view > tick "tracks colors"

You can define in Track Properties (click on the name of the track, vip or mixer) the color with the upper right button.

Phil

I'm not sure but I think you can only edit the length of more than one object at a time, when they end at the same position.

I'm not sure but I think you can only edit the length of more than one object at a time, when they end at the same position.

Yes, that's correct but you can also link the object and fade handles

temporarily and do relative edits on multiple objects in one go.

Simply hold ALT while dragging one of the selected object handles.

You can let go of the ALT key once the handles are linked, and you

can optionally use Shift for finetuning.

Regards,

Tobben