Picture Sync And Chain-gang, What Do You Guys Use?

Jamie

I'm going to be working on editing sound to a quicktime video in the near future. I'm curious what you folks are doing for picture playback and sync. Perhaps maybe some of you have some suggestions for me and or pitfalls I should avoid?

My plan is to have Samplitude 9.1.1 output MTC to another seperate PC running Chain Gang. The external PC will chase the MTC from Samp and sync the picture to Samps playback through midi interface.

Is anybody else using this setup? What do you suggest?

P.S How do I get access to post in the other forum sections besides this newcomer one?

Jamie

Is your video already finished? You could import the video into Sam and adjust the audio in relation to the video track. No sync / double PC solution required. Please make yourself confident with wich Sam/Sequoia version supports video as much as you need it.

Forum access: Please read Andre's "pinned" topic.

Is your video already finished? You could import the video into Sam and adjust the audio in relation to the video track. No sync / double PC solution required. Please make yourself confident with wich Sam/Sequoia version supports video as much as you need it.

Forum access: Please read Andre's "pinned" topic.

the video playe in Samplitude is not synec and SMTPE accurate - it only plays the video through windows media player at the same time. I need an external solution to save CPU for dedicated audio tasks as well.