Higher Sampling Rates In Drop Down Menu

Alan

When I opened up Samplitude Pro 9 I observed that the sampling rate drop down menu only goes as high as 96k. The only way that I found to access higher sampling rates was to type them in by hand! Will there be an update that puts 176400 and 192000 in the drop down menu? (To me it seems like an obvious and easy thing to do--as I know that I'm not the only one who records at these sampling rates.)

Also when recording a 176.4k 24 bit signal from the A-D converter, is it most optimal to set Samplitude at 24 bit--or is there any reason to set it to 32 bit for future editting?

Thanks in advance for the answers...

hi alan,

...Will there be an update that puts 176400 and 192000 in the drop down menu?...

afaik there will be not. who wants to create more data then at 94k (and there will be a lot of stuff created) may enter it manually. :lol:

...Also when recording a 176.4k 24 bit signal from the A-D converter, is it most optimal to set Samplitude at 24 bit--or is there any reason to set it to 32 bit for future editting?...

to have the communication between hardware and software at the same level is always a good hint. regarding the sound there are no hearable differencies. but in 32bit files you have more "headroom" for overmodulation while recording. so it's up to you...

cheers, andy

..... who wants to create more data then at 94k? :o

:lol:

Me, actually, I prefer using 96kHz. :):blink::lol: