Export Audio And Soundcards

xanin

It feels like I should really know this...

I work from home with my RME Fireface 800, but quite often when I take work back I carry my laptop just in case little changes are needed so I can quickly do them on my laptop and do a mix down there. But of course I then I´m just using the laptop's SoundMax integrated sound card. I would think this process takes place internally within SAM.

So, is the sound card involved in the process when Master Bouncing, Master Mix to File or exporting audio in any format ???

cheers!!

It feels like I should really know this...

I work from home with my RME Fireface 800, but quite often when I take work back I carry my laptop just in case little changes are needed so I can quickly do them on my laptop and do a mix down there. But of course I then I´m just using the laptop's SoundMax integrated sound card. I would think this process takes place internally within SAM.

So, is the sound card involved in the process when Master Bouncing, Master Mix to File or exporting audio in any format ???

cheers!!

hi

all the work is done by SAM the only difference might be is what you hear.

becouse you are listening trough another system than at home starting with another audio card.

the quality of the converters in both systens makes the difference.

hope this helps a bit

andy