Samplitude Online Upgrade

jologman2000

hi guys,

new samplitude user here. got the samplitude se 9 e-version. my question is re: online upgrade to samplitude classic/pro. can't find anythin on the samplitude site re: details of online purchase.

1. is it a downloadable version? meaning it doesn't need a dongle and i can use it at once, without havin to wait for shipping?

2. if not, is there a dongle-free option? i've heard lotsa horror stories bout dongle authorizations, and this'll be my first time to use such a device.

many thanks.

As far as I know, there is no on-line upgrade and it *does* need a dongle.

The upgrade price is the difference between the one you have and the one you are going to.

If you are desperate, how about using the downoadable Demo Version for the short time it takes until your upgraded version turns up.

Generally speaking the dongle is fine if you are using the latest version.

I hope this helps.

further question is: if i get samp 9 classic, then decide to get samp 9 pro, is there an upgrade option from classic to pro?

My understanding is that the upgrade from one version of Samplitude to the next is the difference in price.

So if you get Classic and then want Pro the price will be the Pro price less the cost of the Classic you already have.

Personally I started with Pro and realised that I really needed the advanced crossfade editor that was in Sequoia and so upgraded - exactly as I said above.

It's a great program - enjoy..... :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

And btw,

The CD you recieve with the Samplitude Classic, (and thus propably also Pro and Master) also contains Pro and Master

<cddrive>:\addon\Setups\classic + <cddrive>:\addon\Setups\master + <cddrive>:\addon\Setups\professional

So I would Guess you install the "upgraded" version, and then only need to run the 9.1+ patch you download.

Im quite annoyed by the dongle though.. it asks me to upgrade from 8 to 9 every time i start the program.. but I cant figure out how to do it.. and it seems to work without being patched.. kek

Im quite annoyed by the dongle though.. it asks me to upgrade from 8 to 9 every time i start the program.. but I cant figure out how to do it.. and it seems to work without being patched.. kek

You ignore that bit as you already have a v9 dongle - it goes away in 3-days (it only returns in case of problems).

thanks for the info!

further question, are there any plans like online authorizations like those for finalcutpro or logic 8? options if i don't want the dongle? cause i'm worried bout the dongle screwin up in the middle of a project, then it'll take days for a replacement dongle. i don't know of any other software usin codemeter.

further question, are there any plans like on-line authorizations like those for finalcutpro or logic 8? options if i don't want the dongle? cause i'm worried bout the dongle screwin up in the middle of a project, then it'll take days for a replacement dongle. i don't know of any other software using codemeter.

CodeMeter is very secure - probably the best - and Samplitude and Sequoia have not been cracked since the CodeMeter was introduced.

It is very reliable and should not cause any trouble in a project once started.

If you break it you can get a free replacement, if you lose it you can buy a replacement relatively cheaply - you do *not* have to buy a complete licence all over again like other software packages.

These can be supplied very quickly.

You *can* purchase an emergency CodeMeter as a spare if you are very frightened - I'm not sure how this works, though. I would have thought it would work immediately, but with a limited life until you move the full licence over to the new CodeMeter.

I hope this helps.

... is there a dongle-free option?...

hi jo,

good news for all people who are afraid to kill their dongle during work: in version 10 there are two kinds of samplitude without dongle running possible. these are Samplitude 10 (former Classic) and Samplitude 10 Master.

hope this will help you find a decision...

cheers, andy

good news for all people who are afraid to kill their dongle during work: in version 10 there are two kinds of Samplitude without dongle running possible. these are Samplitude 10 (former Classic) and Samplitude 10 Master.

Suggestion - how about bundling these with Sequoia for location recording without a Dongle - do the raw recording with Sam 10 and edit at base with Sequoia.

Maybe the original registration of the Sam 10 version needs the Sequoia CodeMeter to prevent fraud - but it seems a good idea - please.

:P:wub:;):(;):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

bit the bullet and ordered sam for rent through the magix online shop!

now i got further questions: the online shop said that i should send the signed rental agreement within 14 days for product activation. it also said that the product is on its way already. strange though that i wasn't charged any shipping costs.

but the SFR FAQs state in the ordering procedure that i should send the signed agreement, after which they shall ship the samplitude version i ordered. now i'm not so sure if i ordered correctly.

please help me understand what's supposed to happen. thank you.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

i would like to ask some information about licences.

i have sam master with its dongle, but i need to install sam profesional, but the dongle is for sam master. what should i do?

how should i get the profesional licence with dongle. or i can get licence via internet and update my dongle using codemeter.

Regards.

Hello,

i would like to ask some information about licences.

i have sam master with its dongle, but i need to install sam profesional, but the dongle is for sam master. what should i do?

how should i get the profesional licence with dongle. or i can get licence via internet and update my dongle using codemeter.

Regards.

hi paul,

regard this question of "intern-version-crossgrade" please contact the samplitude sales department (samplitude[at]magix.net). because of more functionality of professional you have to pay something.

and then there will be an upgrade of your licence on the dongle you have to do in your support account. but these details will be given to you by the sales department.

cheers, andy