Differences Between Samplitude Se And Music Studio

Abel nT

post-5416-1191575172_thumb.jpg

(in picture samplitude SE with allow mini skin)

Samplitude 9 se or music studio 2007?

Is not the same sound.

You can open the project, but is not the same.

Seems like the vst inserts are POST FADER, then , all the distortion vst (ohmicide, vintage warmer, etc, have more o less distortion depending of th volume from track.

The eQ sounds different, more raw, with no bright.

Music studio 2007 can handle 2 cores, 9se can not make this. (the only advantage)

Midi tools and synths in Music studio are fantastic... yo can use sample tank se in 9 SE if drag the folder to you vst folder. All the other tools will not run.

Latency compensation is an horror in music studio... if you put 2 snares at time with different vst.... is a complet joke. Sometimes at time, other times you will have 2 snares... etc etc. . . a song with 30 tracks and no compensation is very funny....

Auxiliar does not have post and pre. Object editor does not have normal EQ, all tracks with object eq from SE VIP loss the eq in traslation.

No dither, and idr from waves does not work fine. A 600eur. vst in a 100 eur daw does not have sense.

The same wave in se and ms2007 sounds different. Se is more bright with lot of air....

If you are finding a good sound, forget lots of candies in MS 2007 and buy SE version.

If you make music with midi, print scores, put music in to video avi. and home tasks, use ms 2007.

Ms2007 does not have the same audio engine, maybe is inspirated, have lots of code... etc etc... but is not the same program.

Its very funy have the two versions because you can put helps from ms2007 (in spanish) in samplitude SE, and works... now in the studio we have help in spanish, very usefull for tech people workin here. Will have video tutorials in spanish, french... etc...

Now waiting for 10 version.

We will update to classic. Now we have 8 pro, 8 se, Ms2007 and 9se and 9se is the best

9se with burn cds, dual core support, freeze and glue options will be nice for us.... we can live with only 2 vst and 48 tracks, only one skin, mo keyboard and mouse edition, no pow-r etc etc. . .

9se for me right now is the best price product. Its sad do not have nothing between se and classic... a LE version about 200 eur will be fine.

Seems like the vst inserts are POST FADER

Yes

Latency compensation is an horror in music studio

Yes... because there is no latency compensation :o . New feature in MS2008

Object editor does not have normal EQ, all tracks with object eq from SE VIP loss the eq in traslation

Yes :lol: ,

No dither

So how do you go from 32 to 16 bits ? Yes there is dithering but no Pow-r etc. I don't no witch spread noise (linear, triangular ?) but there is one and you can change (and hear) the depth of the noise in the ini file.

The same wave in se and ms2007 sounds different. Se is more bright with lot of air

Yes, but did you try to change the driver communication parameter ? Even with a 16 bit audio card there is a hug difference when this parameter is set to 24 bit. After that i didn't hear big differences between MS2007 and Samp 9 demo.

Could you do the test ?

Jean-Marie

Yes, but did you try to change the driver communication parameter ? Even with a 16 bit audio card there is a hug difference when this parameter is set to 24 bit. After that i didn't hear big differences between MS2007 and Samp 9 demo.

Could you do the test ?

Jean-Marie

The test was made with asio delta drivers. Delta 10-10 24 bit, 44khz

I am not very newby (you can see our web at www.ntstudios.es) in record studios.

I can hear differences betwen 8 pro and 9 se. But can not make conclusions because we are using waves l3-16 in master, and 8.pro can not handle very well waves vst and only load waves via DirectX.

But compare music studio 2007 and 9se is a totally joke.

I think magix have a disperse versions of samplitudes with no sense. Music studio needs disapear, and put burn cds in SE version. Al vita, revolta, etc... its a joke for newbe people, because this people make a strong use of "emule etc..." and vita , revolta, robota are a complet joke compared to TERA, ALBINO, or NI packages.

I do not understand any word about economy and strategy. Only about my needs, and music studio is no suitable for nothing serious, and does not have so many lights (like reason) to newby people.

One Samplitude 10 classic wil be my next update for the workstation, but....

We will need to buy music studio 2008, and another programs with no demo versions, we need to make tests.

Is not cheap to put 5 samplitude PRO in portable computers only for small tasks like cut an arrange waves.

For our studio, 10 se with burn cd options for 250 eur, will be a very good solution...

will be sad return again to see the horrible spanish traslation in 2007/2008 in my portable pc...

SAVE AS in spanish now is SAVE UNDER.

and DELETE now is sDELETE (look the graphic)

post-5416-1191662867_thumb.jpg

Samplitude MS2008 is quite a good solution for a lower price. Better than MS2007.

Although it's now € 99, which is more expensive than MS2007 which was € 69.

But you will have 32 bit floating, which is a good thing.

VST automation, Hybrid engine and more.

I thought MAGIX would get rid of the MS thing and focus on a good Samplitude SE version, where MS and SE would come together for a price right under € 150.

But they have a big consumer market and willing to stay there, so from a marketing POV I think they'll keep it this way.

But if they want Samplitude to become a recording and editing software standard, they have to make another choice, I think.

cheers, Peter

I thought MAGIX would get rid of the MS thing and focus on a good Samplitude SE version, where MS and SE would come together for a price right under € 150.

But they have a big consumer market and willing to stay there, so...

Of course, ms is a market question.

But what happens with starter people with 10 tracks projects and no latency compensation. Each time you press play you will have a new song.... ha ha ha

Not serious.

Se with no burn is to much :o ... only for test purposes, like DEMO version . . .

The function of a samplitude is not make mp3 for web pages, IS A TOOL FOR PRODUCERS AND STUDIOS.

(of course, does not make mp3, only wma :lol: )

No disapointing with you.

A LE version of samplitude about 200 € will be nice. LE, Classic (the actual pro) and PRO (sequoia) No more confusing.

All versions in all languajes. Why only spanish, french etc only in MS????

And add-on's packages.... one free with revoltas and robotas.... and others with advanced tools, vst, etc etc...

Right now , lots of programs in the range are better than MS 2007, (no names here)

Se version for only 50 € is a a much better solution.

Peter, what for then do you use MS?

and is it true that MS2008 does not sound as good as the "real" samplitudes?

thanks and cheers

oxy

Oxy,

There used to be a big difference between MS and Samplitude.

I do not hear a great difference between them now.(SMS 2008 and Samplitude 9 SE)

I always bought MS b/c it was in Dutch, which I really liked a lot.

Samplitude is only in German and in English.

Besides that, MS had some nice features I never saw in Samplitude.

I started out with Music Studio generation 6 and updated/upgraded every year.

But in 2004 I also bought Samplitude studio 6, and did an upgrade to 7 later on.

Back then there was a big difference between MS and Samp.

Samp sounded more 'open' and 'bright' and had more definition.

The most advantage you had with Samplitude was you could record in 24/96.

That was what I liked about it.

MS at that time could only record at 16/44.1 or 16/48.

So there you go :o

And another thing is, you couldn't do multi-recordings in MS.

Now you can olnly do 8 tracks, which is not a lot for a studio.

I would like to record more than 8 tracks simultaniously.

So I'm going for the V 10, and I would love it if they make a dutch version.

I hope it makes any senso to you?

cheers, Peter

thank you peter;

makes a lot of sense ;-)

an official statement to the sound quality would really be helpful. last year, frank proposch stated in a nice post that the basic audio quality should be the same (MS 2007 vs sam 9) but that thay only differ in features.

however, a lot of people report that they can hear differences, and i really wonder what's the point behind that.

i personally hear differences between reaper and music studio, the latter often sounds harsher to me on recorded acoustic tracks. furthermore, after mixdown volume ratios between tracks sometimes seem to be somewhat shifted, but i do not have the experience and the high-end gear to really judge what's going on, maybe that's normal?

an official statement concerning this would really be appreciated, i just wonder whether those things are deliberately (to make "pros" buying the big versions - no one would blame magix for that, i'm just wondering) or wheter i and others are underlying psychoacoustic effects and the above was paranoid.

concretely, we would like to record some nice demos in good sound quality (intended to be sent to labels) and i now have the option to either invest my money in a new computer (old one: lame duck 1.7 ghz notebook) or in sam classic, püh...

cheers

oxy

Oxy,

From my POV you should invest in both Samp V10 and a new PC :o

But to be honest, I do not hear the difference between MS2008 and Samp 9SE.

Must be the 32 bit floating point that makes MS 2008 sounding better then before.

There was a huge gap b/t Samp and MS when there was MS 2003 and Samp 7.

I made some good recordings with MS 2008 last week.

It sounds open and bright.

I recorded with tube pre-amps, but nevertheless it sounds good.

And the VST multi out is realy great.

I'm enjoying that feature very much in MS2008.

cheers, Peter

But to be honest, I do not hear the difference between MS2008 and Samp 9SE.

Yes. If Panning Law, driver communication bit depths and dithering is set up equally (i.e. turned off), there should be no difference, since it's the same audio code.

And if i apply a distortion vst and change the volume of the track, changue the amount of distortion like in 2007 or changue de volume of the track like in 9SE. In other words, if i open a project with 25 tracks with distortions at different levels, in 8pro or 9 se, i can ear the same. But in 2007 is another mix totally different, with different values in eq, volume, gain of vst, aux buss etc etc . . . .

Will be happen the same in 2008?? Or is THE REAL ENGINE OF SE with midi extras??

It is bored this cuestion and i do not understand nothing about this politics. Is so easy said NO, IS NOT THE SAME. IT IS ONLY A BUNCH OF LINES OF CODE COPIED AND PASTED IN A TOTALLY DIFFERENT PROJECT. OR . . . THIS TIME 2008 IS THE SAME 9SE WITH revoltas and robotas . . . .

And of course... you can hear differences now:

Sample with SAMPLITUDE 9 SE

Sample with MS2007

Is the same project. The same ALL, plugins, computer, CFG with the same ASIO, WITH same buffers, SAME ALL.

I am not a novice, look at www.ntstudios.es.

MS2007 and sam9 se IS NOT THE SAME.

There is probably a diffeerence between Ms2007 and Samp SE9, but MS2008 and SE9 are pretty much the same.

Listen to these samples:

Same project and stuff.

MS2008

Samplitude SE 9

cheers, Peter

:lol:

Can you put a high distortion vst in a track (like snare) in 9se and make the same test without change levels in faders in 2008.

in other words: will be in ms2008 the vst.. on PFL (like in 2007) or AFL (like in 9 SE). ???

When ms 2008 will be avalible for spain we will buy another copy for test . And then, we put samples again . . . but i am not a beliver.

I wish to work with 2008 in all portable computers on studio. . . . in spanish, with manuals, videos etc . . . is the best solution to work with clients.

Can you put a high distortion vst in a track (like snare) in 9se and make the same test without change levels in faders in 2008.

in other words: will be in ms2008 the vst.. on PFL (like in 2007) or AFL (like in 9 SE). ???

When ms 2008 will be avalible for spain we will buy another copy for test . And then, we put samples again . . . but i am not a beliver.

I wish to work with 2008 in all portable computers on studio. . . . in spanish, with manuals, videos etc . . . is the best solution to work with clients.

The VST is AFL.

The sample you heard was done in MS2008, with the use of a VSTi.(ezdrummer)