Mixbus

Waco

Hi there! I have a question if possible to assign 10channels of monotracks like drumtracks to one of each of three different buses. The ide'a would be to have one bus with some distortion, another with some eq's and the third with no effects at all and when mixing just using the three buses to get the character you want from the monotracks. Then I could use this for some kind of paralell compression also. I tried to find a easy solution of this but maby you have som better ide'as?

hi, welcome,

I'm afraid you can't assign the tracks to multiple busses, Sampliquoia doesn't allow this (after working on analog consoles, it' very fustrating :lol: ).

You can use Aux send in Pre Fader mode, or simply copy the tracks (3 kicks, 3 snares, etc ...) and then assign as you want.

cheers

Phil

Hi there! I have a question if possible to assign 10channels of monotracks like drumtracks to one of each of three different buses. The ide'a would be to have one bus with some distortion, another with some eq's and the third with no effects at all and when mixing just using the three buses to get the character you want from the monotracks. Then I could use this for some kind of paralell compression also. I tried to find a easy solution of this but maby you have som better ide'as?

That would be a great feature.

Maybe for V10?

AFAIK it is possible in ProTools and Cubase, right?

When talking to Cubase and Logic users it seams the issue is no problem at all. They are just doing subgroups of tracks and assign them to different submixes. Sounds very easy and very usable when explaining to me. It would be to much of work and not sure if my laptop would handle 30 drumtracks afer three times copy of every track.

When talking to Cubase and Logic users it seams the issue is no problem at all. They are just doing subgroups of tracks and assign them to different submixes. Sounds very easy and very usable when explaining to me. It would be to much of work and not sure if my laptop would handle 30 drumtracks afer three times copy of every track.

Please see my clarification. Samplitude has submix busses and aux busses. Very similar to Logic or PT.

Yes I know this, and believe me I'm using them all the time, except that I can't assign my tracks to more than one submix. It's just that if I had this option it would make my mixing alot easier and faster and obvious this is not that unusual way of working when asking around. However it was just a question if there was a way around this, so I'll just find another way of doing it and handle my drumtracks another way, probably by doing couple of stereo bounces of these tracks.

I know this was already suggested but aux buss and mix buss are handle exactly the same way in Sam if you set the send to 0dbfs on the aux send. If anything the aux buss will give more flexibility than a mix buss because you can still pull volume up and down for individual tracks for parallel compression. The aux send also has a pan control that I use to widen or narrow the stereo field on parallel stems. The aux buss setup is 1 more step. I believe you can also save as a track preset.

I do a lot of work this way and find the aux buss much more flexible when needed or EXACTLY the same as mix buss if wanted.

Try it you'll like it!

Jeff