Freezing Problems

Rockem

as I can't continue threads in the main forum (very frustrating) I will ask here

what is the deal with freeze/unfreeze .. ?

I see many problems and it makes me worried, as one of the main grips I have with

SX is the freeze and I thought that it will be solved in samp ..

thx

Eli

i can only speak for vst midi tracks. sometimes, it freezes with a time shift. sometimes, you can't unfreeze although it keeps reloading previously frozen vst's with lotsa instances til samp tells you can't load anymore, and fills up your ram. but you can recover the midi tracks from the freeze folders. that's the workaround i use.

but that's only sometimes. happened to me when samp already told me there's an error but i persisted to work on the vip. don't get me wrong though, i still like midi in samp. there are worse bugs in other sequencers.

send a private message to andy so you can post in the proper samp forums.

regards.

ok .. this sounds really bad .. freeze is really old functionality

i'm pretty sure it's isolated cases when it happens. probably from user error, when we try to make it do things it's not supposed to do. at any rate, samp freeze still works wonderfully. if it's any consolation, it hasn't happened again.

regards.

I've never had issues with freeze. It depends on what you do. I always recommend using "edit track freeze" to make adjustments to a frozen track. I also think that you're asking for it if you add fx to a frozen track without unfreezing it first.

I've never had issues with freeze. It depends on what you do. I always recommend using "edit track freeze" to make adjustments to a frozen track. I also think that you're asking for it if you add fx to a frozen track without unfreezing it first.

I a software enable you to do something, it also should be able to handle it

and handle it well.

if such a thing is not happening the feature is not implemented well enough

I a software enable you to do something, it also should be able to handle it

and handle it well.

if such a thing is not happening the feature is not implemented well enough

most software have their own bugs. it's the bugs that you can work with that should help you decide what to use. just do your research well so you don't make regrets with your purchase decisions.

as for me, track freeze on samp is a-ok! works fast too.

regards.