Object/take Editing Like "shuffle Mode" In Cubase

perler

hi,

i'm used to edit recordings (mostly vocal for radio reports) in cubase this way:

lets say i have a take with some seconds of error in it, which i must cut out.

i select in cubase "shuffle mode" and select "snap to object", then i make a cut after the part which must be deleted and grab the "frame handles" of the object to the left of the cut. i move the handle to the left, until the "bad" material dissapears, release the handle and the object right to the cut jumps to the right edge of the left object, so that the gap disappears. i managed to do the same in samplitude (9 demo) but the last part, the automatic closing of the gap between the objects.

according to the help file, it has something to do with the "ripple mode" in samplitude, but i couldn't reproduce the behaviour as described. i'm sure it's possible, but how?

PAT

Hi Pat ,

I haven't used Cubase but in Samp if you select the range you want to delete ( press alt to disable snapping for fine adjustments) and then go to Edit >More >Delete with Time/Ripple (Ctrl+Del ) it will remove the bit you don't want and the audio to the right will snap to the left edge . Is that what you mean ?

Regards

Kraznet

not exactly (although i edit this way in cubase too).

let me put it another way:

lets say i have 2 takes:

|---------object1-----------|--obejct2--|

i now grab the right handle of object1 to shorten it:

in samplitude it looks like this afterwards:

|---------object1---| gap |--obejct2--|

in cubase, with "shuffle mode" and "snap" enabled it looks like this:

|---------object1---|--obejct2--|

clearer?

PAT

Yes I understand what your trying to achieve and the graphic helps explain too , but I haven't found a way to do that in Samp yet ( still trying ) . As a matter of interest what is the advantage of using that method as opposed to ripple editing like I described?

Regrads

Kraznet

ok, if i use "link one track" i can move object2 (and with it all other objects right of object2) "over" the end of object1 which has the same effect as i described above but needs some getting used to it i think..

thanks, now if magix would be so nice to send my rented version of sam10 three days after they got the first rate, all would be wonderful :)

PAT