Sam V10 E Version Dongle Required

stratcat33511

Hi,

where do you see that any version of Samplitude besides 9SE was available as an E version? I fail to get that information so far from what I see on the website. A V10 SE so far does not exist, at least.

I am unsure if there are E versions of Master and Samplitude. I rather think that not.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian

After logging into my account I saw it - and saved the page, although I don't see it now!

Maybe it wasn't for V10, maybe it was V9 ?

I did not see V10SE, I saw Sam10, which is what I was inquiring about.

And I didn't say there was a SAMV10SE.

I read it in another thread somewhere around here:

http://support.magix.net/boards/samplitude...st&p=101874

If I understand this - there is an option to install a NON-Dongle version of SAMV10?

That is my question-is there a NON-Dongle version of SAM V10?

Thanks

EDitEd: to add this link for the upgrade/crossgrade

Page 2:upgrade from V8/V9SE versions to SAMV10

http://www.samplitude.com/eng/pdf/pricelis...dollar_0710.pdf

Hi,

where do you see that any version of Samplitude besides 9SE was available as an E version? I fail to get that information so far from what I see on the website. A V10 SE so far does not exist, at least.

I am unsure if there are E versions of Master and Samplitude. I rather think that not.

Cheers,

Sebastian

It seems that Samplitude V10 Master and Samplitude V10 (former Classic) can run with or without a dongle - you may choose to buy V10 Master or V10 (ex. Classic) and activate it without a dongle, but you will not be able to use it on multiple machines.

However, what Sebastian is saying is that there is no e-Version (i.e. - downloadable version) of V10 (Master or Classic), meaning that if you want to buy V10, you have to get it as a full product package (DVD, printed manual etc.) and you cannot download it - the installer is several gigabytes.

It seems that Samplitude V10 Master and Samplitude V10 (former Classic) can run with or without a dongle - you may choose to buy V10 Master or V10 (ex. Classic) and activate it without a dongle, but you will not be able to use it on multiple machines.

However, what Sebastian is saying is that there is no e-Version (i.e. - downloadable version) of V10 (Master or Classic), meaning that if you want to buy V10, you have to get it as a full product package (DVD, printed manual etc.) and you cannot download it - the installer is several gigabytes.

Yes I understand all of it !

Thanks

THis confirms it - I guess

Thanks all

http://support.magix.net/boards/samplitude...st&p=110253

Hi stratcat,

You are actually right. They could do an EVersion of master and samp. Even the installer size wouldn't be an issue. I just think they don't do it at the moment. Me personally at least would hesitate to buy a 299.- product as a D/L.

I guess there will be soon downloadbale versions, though. :lol:

Cheers,

Sebastian

Me personally at least would hesitate to buy a 299.- product as a D/L.

Well, believe it or not, I would preffer to download a software (even if it is a very expensive one) instead of waiting several weeks or months to get it delivered by post with the high probability of loosing it on its way. Even the 5 Gb's of the Sam Pro installation DVD are not a problem for a download - it would have been downloaded many times faster than it took the Deutsche Post / Bulgarian Post and finally UPS to deliver the package to me.

With the 2 Mbit/s (around 220 Kbytes per second) connection I have at home it would take me less than 7 hours to download the DVD. Of course such download service would be a problem for Magix, as it would require a good internet connection bandwith for the server and most likely will also cost some money in terms of traffic.

If Magix decides to make at least the SFR versions downloadable (if I already have the dongle), I would be extremly happy :lol: Even if the download includes only the basic installer (without the additional samples, response files, tutorials and so on) and later after serveral weeks we receive the normal DVD.

Well I would probably end buying the boxed version, because I'll want the book/manual anyway

I went ahead and bought another V9SE for my laptop as well.!

I think Se versions are only good for one machine

Well worth the price to me

It's a great program, and has inspired me to get some work done

I certainly appreciate all the input and feed back

Thanks All