Midi Clock Synchronisation + Tempo Float Values

_ceon

hello,

i'm trying to synchrnonize an akai mpc1000 with samplitude music studio 2008 ( samplitude as the master )

i have a beat made on mpc with a tempo of 164.30 and it seems that when i enter floatting tempo value on synchronisation window close it and opening it again i've only the int value (IE: 164). when i try to record anyway it is not the good tempo that is used (164 instead of 164.3).

is it a bug or a wanted limitation ? (i've seen the same behaviour in pro version and i'm very surprised about this).

Regards

François Boukhalfa

hello,

i'm trying to synchrnonize an akai mpc1000 with samplitude music studio 2008 ( samplitude as the master )

i have a beat made on mpc with a tempo of 164.30 and it seems that when i enter floatting tempo value on synchronisation window close it and opening it again i've only the int value (IE: 164). when i try to record anyway it is not the good tempo that is used (164 instead of 164.3).

is it a bug or a wanted limitation ? (i've seen the same behaviour in pro version and i'm very surprised about this).

Regards

François Boukhalfa

hey guys any ideas for that problem ?

Hello François. Use MTC output instead of midi out. This will use your tempo from the transport allowing the float point. This should give you what you need.

Jeff

Hello Jeff thanks for your answer :o.

the only problem is that the akai mpc 1000 receives only midi clock not MTC ... i've succeded to do this with cubase without any problem.

it's a pitty that samplitude doesn't use the transport tempo value to use midi synchronization

regards.