Different Problems / Please Help

Hi mates

First of all, I’m new to Samplitude (coming from Logic) and happy to be. Though, I encountered some problems. Hopefully you guys can help me out.

My MIDI-keyboard is driving me crazy. It’s an M-Audio Axiom 61 connected to my computer via USB. When I shut down Samplitude yesterday it worked fine (after finally getting it to work). Today, I started Samplitude and had no midi-signal at all.

So, I tried several settings but the keyboard seems to have its own mind. Sometimes I get a signal but no sound, sometimes it works without problem, then again not even a signal.

I’m really getting confused as I know for a fact the keyboard works fine (it does in Logic).

Also, yesterday I recorded a solo played with the keyboard. The notes got recorded, but the bender-values not, although I heard the bender while playing. Automation was active (latch/touch).

As I seem to have several problems related to my midi-settings/midi-keyboard, might the hw-controller option be a solution to them?

Does someone have a preset for the Axiom 61? This would be great, because I’d like to use the knobs and faders too.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

InvisibleMan

p.s. If a mod reads this, I’m registered (board&support), but can’t write in the other sections. I already wrote an email to xxx@magix.net, but maybe someone could speed up things? 

Well, I finally got the keyboard playing. I missed a little thing there. :rolleyes:

Though, I still have some questions.

1. I recorded a VSTi. Now, I would like to add some notes via keyboard (not via midi-editor), but everytime I record something, my old line gets overwritten with the new recording. I'm pretty sure there must be an option that "adds" my new recording instead of "replacing" it. The manual didn't help.

2. I'm still hoping for a preset for my Axiom 61. Also, I wonder why my pitch bend on the keyboard doesn't get recorded, while my mod-wheel gets recorded. I hear both when touching them, but just the mod-wheel gets an automation-curve.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks again.

Take care

InvisibleMan

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I finally got the keyboard playing. I missed a little thing there. :)

Though, I still have some questions.

1. I recorded a VSTi. Now, I would like to add some notes via keyboard (not via midi-editor), but everytime I record something, my old line gets overwritten with the new recording. I'm pretty sure there must be an option that "adds" my new recording instead of "replacing" it. The manual didn't help.

2. I'm still hoping for a preset for my Axiom 61. Also, I wonder why my pitch bend on the keyboard doesn't get recorded, while my mod-wheel gets recorded. I hear both when touching them, but just the mod-wheel gets an automation-curve.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks again.

Take care

InvisibleMan

In the midi recording area on the transport you want overdub not replace so you dont write over your existing midi. Also have you updated the axiom to the latest m-audio drivers for it. I am not sure why you are having sure problems as i also use a axiom 49 and have not had any issuses at all. Could it be some preset from logic you still have on the keyboard? Try opening enigma and reloading the factory settings and update your drivers. If this still does not work i can make a copy of my 49 ( i dont know if it will load ) and send you the file.