Trimming / Full Session

Savelyev

Hi,

I work in Samp 10 pro. I guess it's mentioned somewhere in the manual but I just can't find the answer.

1. I used a metronom click for the whole session for two bars.

2. Now when I'm done with the project I need to:

- trim all the tracks at once so that I don't have to cut some extra space in the beginning in each track separately

- move the trimmed tracks to a new position - in the beginning - preserving relative position of the autumation curves

QUESTION

I know how to lock the automation curves to a particular track, but I'm wondering if it is possible to do the magic in a couple of clicks, like grouping everything, locking automation curves and then (1) cut and (2) move.

Any comments appreciated, thanks

Alex

It's one of those things that's so easy that everybody thinks you must be asking something else. Suppose you have two measures of count-off at the beginning of the song, which you now want to delete. Define a range in the VIP that covers those first two measures. Hit the Delete key. Done.

David

Hi David,

Thank you for your willingness to help and actually for your post with the tip. Ha, I thought so many people reviewed the topic - they must have been looking for the answer for quite a time, but it turned out that the question was about "how to breath":( I figured everything by myself by trial and error and yes it's very simple that no one would actually think of asking about.

I'm just a newbee in the recording world and am now getting hands on it in a more serious manner. So, I've realized that my question was a little off the beat, so I'm now digging manuals and video tutorials. I've taken the Audio Masterclass course from www.record-producer.com and hope pretty soon will stand on rails leading to a more advanced recording world. As they say I'm in process:)

Only after that will I dare to ask, and hopefully reasonable questions.

Samp is my first serious program, which I chose after a thorough research and some dissapointment in Pro Tools in terms of Performance/Gear requirement/Budget balance and sound quality of course. And I didn't have any experience of working with DAWs before, so I'm beginning from scratch.

i realized that the Manual that I received along with the installation CD is not quite comprehensive and I do have lots of questions during my learning process. I've now printed out the online version of Manual, which is twice bigger than the hard cover version. Hope to catch up in a while:)

BTW I'm also a member in Gearslutz forum and I read your posts quite often. Yes, and I appreciate your posts very much. I'm now in the process of planning my mic locker and and preamp "collection" (plan to have only 3), so I enjoy reading lots of useful stuff in Gearslutz.

Thanks again,

Alex

P.S. Hope you'll read this message and if you know, could you please advise on how to reposition the meter bars in the Track Box so it shows up in a vertical way rather than horisontal. I've seen that several times on some screen shots (video tutorial, etc.) and find it useful to have. After reading the manual it seems I won't find that info in an extended online version of the manual. Perhaps video tutorials have this info.

P.S. Hope you'll read this message and if you know, could you please advise on how to reposition the meter bars in the Track Box so it shows up in a vertical way rather than horisontal. I've seen that several times on some screen shots (video tutorial, etc.) and find it useful to have.

You should download and install here the free Track Editor "Big Meters light"