Sequoia/lynx Drivers

Hi,

I'm a noobie Sequioa (v10) user who has a bunch of noob questions. As a mastering engineer, I've had extensive experience owning and using SonicSolutions and Sadie. I've recently migrated to Sequoia from Sadie and I'm attempting to set up Sequoia with a Lynx AES16e soundcard.

But I finding that I'm having a lot of difficulty getting up and running with my new set up. Here is the first of many questions I'll be posting over the next several weeks as I come up to speed. I appreciate any help, advice or wisdom anyone has to share.

What drivers should I be using? Since I'm mastering, I won't be recording or overdubbing. I want to use an external effects loop in order to use external digital and analog gear, and then return that signal back into the mixer to be captured for later use or burn real time CD-Rs.

Is there a preferred driver configuration?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Michael MacDonald

AlgoRhythms, NYC

USA

Hi,

I'm a noobie Sequioa (v10) user who has a bunch of noob questions. As a mastering engineer, I've had extensive experience owning and using SonicSolutions and Sadie. I've recently migrated to Sequoia from Sadie and I'm attempting to set up Sequoia with a Lynx AES16e soundcard.

But I finding that I'm having a lot of difficulty getting up and running with my new set up. Here is the first of many questions I'll be posting over the next several weeks as I come up to speed. I appreciate any help, advice or wisdom anyone has to share.

What drivers should I be using? Since I'm mastering, I won't be recording or overdubbing. I want to use an external effects loop in order to use external digital and analog gear, and then return that signal back into the mixer to be captured for later use or burn real time CD-Rs.

Is there a preferred driver configuration?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Michael MacDonald

AlgoRhythms, NYC

USA

Hi Michael,

For external monitoring, you'll need to use ASIO drivers. I'm using the latest set on the Lynx site (I think it's 15b), but some have used their beta 15c with solid results.

I leave mine at 512 for the cards, 1024 for the VIP.

Hi Michael,

For external monitoring, you'll need to use ASIO drivers. I'm using the latest set on the Lynx site (I think it's 15b), but some have used their beta 15c with solid results.

I leave mine at 512 for the cards, 1024 for the VIP.

Thanks for your answer.

Michael MacDonald

AlgoRhythms, NYC

USA