Generic Remote

Nuno

Hi

I am currently using Cubase Studio 4 and I am thinking of crossgrading to Samplitude 10 pro.

One thing I could not yet figure out is if you can use a BCF2000 in Generic Remote like you can use in Cubase with samplitude. I know that you can use it in Mackie Emulation Mode, but that gives you 7 bit resolution for volume faders, which is not acceptable to me.

Is it possible to use NPRNs with Sam so I can get the 14 bit fader resolution?

If so, is it very hard to set up?

Thanks

Hi

I am currently using Cubase Studio 4 and I am thinking of crossgrading to Samplitude 10 pro.

One thing I could not yet figure out is if you can use a BCF2000 in Generic Remote like you can use in Cubase with samplitude. I know that you can use it in Mackie Emulation Mode, but that gives you 7 bit resolution for volume faders, which is not acceptable to me.

Is it possible to use NPRNs with Sam so I can get the 14 bit fader resolution?

If so, is it very hard to set up?

Thanks

hi nuno,

setting up this controller in generic mode is not so difficult...if the controller and all knobs are "visible" to the system. just go to the system options/hardware controller. under the tab "Controller Settings" insert a new controller (#empty) and activate it. under the tab "Controller Adjust" you see a list of all available midi-channels and already assigned functions.

to teach the program what knob is what function, trun the knob, then the midi-signal will be lit up and you can assign a desired program function by selecting it from the pull-down menu. after that, click on learn and the function is assigned to the midi-signal.

also you have the option to tell the program your controller is sending 14-bit-messages and much more.

if everything seems to work, click "apply", then go back to tab "Controller Settings" and save your controller file under a new name.

if you are satisfied with functioning or if you have still some questions regarding your controller, it would be nice if you could share your controller-file with development. just send me a PM with the zipped cps-file attached.

cheers, andy