Question Re: Linking Project/mixer Selection

Hi all,

Am considering a change to Samplitude.

Can you tell me whether there is a setting whereby selecting a track in the mixer will cause that track to become selected (and visible, if it was not on-screen), in the project window, in the same way that selecting a track in the project window causes that track to be selected on the mixer? It’s the actual track I’m enquiring about, not the track information on the left of the screen (which does of course change to reflect the track selected in the mixer).

Many thanks, and all the best,

R.

Hi all,

Can you tell me whether there is a setting whereby selecting a track in the mixer will cause that track to become selected (and visible, if it was not on-screen), in the project window, in the same way that selecting a track in the project window causes that track to be selected on the mixer? It’s the actual track I’m enquiring about, not the track information on the left of the screen (which does of course change to reflect the track selected in the mixer).

R.

hi r.,

the general behaviour is like that you are asking for, BUT it will not bring the waveforms in the seleted track into view, just changes the informations in the Track Editor...as you mentioned. unfortunately there is no hidden switch or key which may cause alter this behaviour...

cheers, andy

Hi all,

R.

selecting the track in the mixer will HIGHLIGHT the track (whether it's in view or not), and then if you setup a hotkey (or use zoom feature), it will appear.

There's probably a quicker way - such as scripting two hotkey steps together - but that's not built in yet.

I'm so used to working where I focused on, that I never miss it not flying to the track.

Again, there may be a way to do it, but this is how I have it setup.

I have alt+mousewheel setup to zoom in on active track. So, highlight the track you want in the mixer, and then just mousewheel into the track.

Greg

Hi all,

R.

selecting the track in the mixer will HIGHLIGHT the track (whether it's in view or not), and then if you setup a hotkey (or use zoom feature), it will appear.

There's probably a quicker way - such as scripting two hotkey steps together - but that's not built in yet.

I'm so used to working where I focused on, that I never miss it not flying to the track.

I have alt+mousewheel setup to zoom in on active track. So, highlight the track you want in the mixer, and then just mousewheel into the track.

Greg

Hi all,

R.

Greg

Whoops I mucked that up with blank post! Just trying to say "Thanks" :) to you both.

Understand. It certainly is a lovely piece of gear, and this is not an enormous issue.

R.