Video Functions Differences Between Samp & Seq

S. E. Hill

What exactly are the video capabilities of Sequoia that Samplitude does not have?

For example, what software/hardware would I need in addition to Samplitude that I would not need if I had Sequoia if I want to perform the following tasks: capture video, edit and apply video effects, edit the dialogue, create/edit music synchronized with the video, and burn a DVD of the finished project?

Thank you,

Scott

What exactly are the video capabilities of Sequoia that Samplitude does not have?

For example, what software/hardware would I need in addition to Samplitude that I would not need if I had Sequoia if I want to perform the following tasks: capture video, edit and apply video effects, edit the dialogue, create/edit music synchronized with the video, and burn a DVD of the finished project?

Thank you,

Scott

Sequoia can capture video, Samplitude does not.

For video I highly recommend Magix Movie Edit Pro 14Plus.

That's what I do - capture and edit (in HD) into MEP14, and then fly in music from Samplitude.

MEP does a ton of video features for cheap (about $90) - and integrates well with Sampltude.

http://www.magix.com/us/movie-edit-pro/

Greg

Greg,

Thank you for your helpful reply.

What hardware do you use to "capture" the video?

Scott

I capture directly via firewire from my Canon HV-20 HD camera into my laptop. MEP sees it no problem (drivers are stable). No other special hardware required in this case.

On desktops you can get cheap video capture cards and/or some video cards already have capture capability built in.

I capture as .m2t (similar to mpeg), or .avi directly into MEP, and go from there. Video track objects are very similar to Samplitude's track objects, and the audio can be edited in a similar fashion.

Audio tracks from Samplitude can be dropped right in.

If you're capturing from analog source (i.e. older Hi-8 or whatever), then you'll need a capture card that has the A/D built in.

It's worth downloading the MEP demo and trying it out.

Greg