Am-phibia Problems

Just a thought: are you using buffer sizes (ASIO?) other than 2^n-based (128, 256, 512...)?

Yes I am.

Asio size starts at 125, 250, 625, 750.........

Why would it just affect the GT. pres,

but more important for me, is it easily fixable?

Thanks for getting right back to me Sascha.

Take care,

Tom

I got another report on that recently. I suspect there's some sort of buffer size mismatch deep down in the DSP part.

Just a thought: are you using buffer sizes (ASIO?) other than 2^n-based (128, 256, 512...)?

Same with me, using an Emu Audiocard

Asio start with 88 (2 ms), 136 (3ms), 176 (4ms) and so on....Problem occurs only with activated Speaker Sim.

Rolf

I got another report on that recently. I suspect there's some sort of buffer size mismatch deep down in the DSP part.

Same with me, using an Emu Audiocard

Asio start with 88 (2 ms), 136 (3ms), 176 (4ms) and so on....Problem occurs only with activated Speaker Sim.

Rolf

Rolf, you're right about the speaker cabs.

At least I can use it when recording, without the zipper noise.

Thanks.

I don't have the code before my eyes right now, but there can be a bug left back in the speaker sim section. All internal processing is based on small buffers (i call them sub chunks), which are a subset of the actual buffer size. I once did some clearing-up, but I might have missed some places, where one of them is apparently somewhere in the speaker sim part.

Workaround: try setting up 2^n-based buffer sizes. Hopefully...

I don't have the code before my eyes right now, but there can be a bug left back in the speaker sim section. All internal processing is based on small buffers (i call them sub chunks), which are a subset of the actual buffer size. I once did some clearing-up, but I might have missed some places, where one of them is apparently somewhere in the speaker sim part.

Workaround: try setting up 2^n-based buffer sizes. Hopefully...

Yes,

this helps me. I hope the fix is easy for you. :)

Regards

Rolf

please try 64 or 128 samples with ASIO and a respective multiply for the VIP (though I'm not sure if the VIP buffers size plays any role here...).

My soundcard (emu) is millisecond based. So I can set only 2 ms, 3ms and so. I can`t set it samplebased...