Cpu Issues

czarmusik

i just built a intel quad core q6700 2.66 cpu and have 4 m ram and xp sp3 heavily tweaked (black viper tweaks) i also have a RME interface and thats how i got my first experience with sam. when i sold my mac book pro sam 8se came with the rme so i finally got a chance to use it. Sam 8se was stable and i could use multiple tracks with plugs ect, ect and very no nonsense -which is what i like. Now i bought sam 10 and upgraded to vista x 64 and sam 10 ran like crap - but so did every other program so i went back to xp; Live 7 now runs awesome and the whole thing is very fast but Sam 10 and 8SE still run horrible. The CPU meter on during a 8 track @ 16bit , 44.1 session is saying any ware from 95%-600% cpu use? i have tweaked ms services but all my other programs run great; do i need to have s MS service running for sam10 that that i dont know about? i should be able to have many more than 8 tracks @ 96% CPU hell in live 7 i can do 35 synths at 44.1/ 32bit plus multiple plugs and that cpu is running @ 40%..please help

ive just found that also the CPU spike come from only withing SAM 8 se /SAM10's monitor disk usage is 0% not on task manager SAM say 125% -500% but task manager only say 3% or so? i also have a RME FIREFACE 800 any issues with those drivers? it seems to only effect sam 8se and sam 10

Hi Czar,

what's up with your buffer settings? What plugs are you actually running? Hybrid or Eco mode?

/S

waves API eq and compressor on each track buffer is any ware from 128- 1024 - it doesnt really matter it still goes crazy does the same with out the plugs too tried both hybrid and eco mode