Record & Monitor Wet

I'm considering Samplitude 10 as a long time wavelba user, but I need the ability to record and monitor a wet track; one with a couple VST plugins loaded.

On the demo, I can monitor a wet track (by loading a midi stereo track), but when I record it turns off the plugins.

I'm digging through the 600 page manual, and I know the answer is in there but if anyone can give me the short & quick on whether this is possible and maybe a clue or two....I'd appreciate it.

Sincerely,

DC

Have a look to this thread

thakns!

I have tried this:

"So...either setup the effects on an aux channel, and point the effects send to the aux. channel, and then record the audio on that aux channel separately, or route the output of your mic channel to a neighboring channel that has all the effects on it (similar to using the aux channel approach), and record that channel at the same time."

...using the Aux 1 Pre-fader sends the signal and FX but as soon as I record on the Aux, the same thing occurs.....the fx drop off, but remain on S1 which allows me to monitor only.

dc

If you want recording audio+soft effects, you have two possibilities, the first one:

Routing "out the box" the output of the track what you go for recording in, in that case, you may pointing the output of your track to whatever output you have free in your audio interface, now you may bring in the signal to a "return track" in Samplitude and recording there.

The second way, pretty more easy, use "Mix to file", this way, you don't have to leave digital environment.

I hope you had understood me, my english is very poor and is quiet hard express myself.

Regards.

Sorry, but I suppose we were all wrong about the recording the AUX channel: such a recording does not record the signal incoming from the AUX bus but just a physical input like any other track, too. Just tested. What a pity...

So the loopback method still remains, and this is indeed no problem:

Feed your mic to a track. Make this track "wet". Route this track not to your master but to a dedicated output. Feed this output to another physical input. Feed this input to another track. Switch the first "wet" track into "Force monitoring" and switch the second track into record. Seems to work here.

Regards,

Ulrich

• 1 year later...
Sorry, but I suppose we were all wrong about the recording the AUX channel: such a recording does not record the signal incoming from the AUX bus but just a physical input like any other track, too. Just tested. What a pity...

So the loopback method still remains, and this is indeed no problem:

Feed your mic to a track. Make this track "wet". Route this track not to your master but to a dedicated output. Feed this output to another physical input. Feed this input to another track. Switch the first "wet" track into "Force monitoring" and switch the second track into record. Seems to work here.

Regards,

Ulrich

I was able to finally get my setup going again, and Patchmix seems to have enabled me to export the track with FX to Patchmix where I use another send to push back into an AUX to monitor.

The problem is, while I think I am getting my wet recording, when I try to choose Wave Editing or Export to Flac or Wav, the files are much longer than the recorded duration.

I don't really understand this VIP and need to read the manual. Is there a simpler way to just record a 2 channel stereo input in one track like a simple wave editor, but wet? This VIP object system is confusing because even if I choose export to file and choose selection I have to select

When I switch to .wav editing and try to edit the file, the playback is not at the 96kHz sample rate. Are there separate settings for the wave editor? Seems like a bug in 11.

Also, mix to file crashes Samp. 11 on Windows 7 x64.

Thanks !

DC