Audio Glitchs & Crackles When Opening/closing Windows In Samp 10

4711shaun

hi.. i'm a Cubase SX3 user trying to make the switch to samplitude..

most of the problems i've encountered i've gradually figured out, except for audio glitchs/crackles in the following situation....

1) load samp 10

2) load a VIP with ram heavy VSTi's - TBO piano, Addictive Drums

3) now any time i move windows around, open/close windows or VSTi's, click drop down menus etc and i hear constant glitchs/crackles

when no VSTi's are loaded it doesn't happen so it appears due to the strain on the PC...

but when i load a project with the same VSTi configuration in cubase, there are no audio glitchs/crackles when opening/closing/resizing windows like in samp 10... none at all... and in Samp it's chronic..

so, does samp use a lot more ram just to run than SX3 does ? cause that would explain me hitting the ceiling in Samp 10 sooner than SX3,

i just find it strange that SX3 doesn't have this problem at all yet it's quite bad in samp...

any suggestions ?

thanks.

hi.. i'm a Cubase SX3 user trying to make the switch to samplitude..

most of the problems i've encountered i've gradually figured out, except for audio glitchs/crackles in the following situation....

1) load samp 10

2) load a VIP with ram heavy VSTi's - TBO piano, Addictive Drums

3) now any time i move windows around, open/close windows or VSTi's, click drop down menus etc and i hear constant glitchs/crackles

when no VSTi's are loaded it doesn't happen so it appears due to the strain on the PC...

but when i load a project with the same VSTi configuration in cubase, there are no audio glitchs/crackles when opening/closing/resizing windows like in samp 10... none at all... and in Samp it's chronic..

so, does samp use a lot more ram just to run than SX3 does ? cause that would explain me hitting the ceiling in Samp 10 sooner than SX3,

i just find it strange that SX3 doesn't have this problem at all yet it's quite bad in samp...

any suggestions ?

thanks.

some usual considerations...

1. are you using hybrid mode?
  2. background tasks turned off I presume
  3. what is your buffer settings?

I HAVE noticed extra heavy DSP usage with some of the heavier apps., and performance improved after adding more RAM, so yes, it may be using more overhead.

However, often adjusting buffer settings helps in these situations.

Greg

ok.. the drivers were no go.. the PC crashed constantly and i could only uninstall them using safe mode in windows...

i played with the Hybrid Engine setting and when it's set to any of the options for economy tracks, the audio glitches stop...

i'll experiment some more with it but at least it's working pretty well for now..

ok.. the drivers were no go.. the PC crashed constantly and i could only uninstall them using safe mode in windows...

i played with the Hybrid Engine setting and when it's set to any of the options for economy tracks, the audio glitches stop...

i'll experiment some more with it but at least it's working pretty well for now..

Then, I am assuming that you simply have been maxing out your system before. A fair comparison would be running both platforms, and then checking the specific cpu load of the processes in perfmon.

Regards,

Sebastian