Help Sound Problems

bloozman_1

i am having problems creating a "live" guitar track on my computer using Samplitude 10 .... i want to record some demo's including drums and bass parts but when i record my guitar it stutters and i get next to no sound i use a Boss GT-8 and a Epiphone SG Plugged into my soundcards mic in connection and the volume input is set to about half way so that it doesn't overload the sound as it were...

Can someone help me please and tell me how to do it properly if it is at all possible?

my pc spec's are in my signature ...

Creative has notoriously bad drivers for this type of requirement.

If you're using MME drivers, then adjust the buffers until you get some stability.

Also, even with the mic input turned down, you are probably overdriving that input, so try to use the line-in connection instead (if there is one).

Greg

i am having problems creating a "live" guitar track on my computer using Samplitude 10 .... i want to record some demo's including drums and bass parts but when i record my guitar it stutters and i get next to no sound i use a Boss GT-8 and a Epiphone SG Plugged into my soundcards mic in connection and the volume input is set to about half way so that it doesn't overload the sound as it were...

Can someone help me please and tell me how to do it properly if it is at all possible?

my pc spec's are in my signature ...

Hi,

Are you using the X-Fi's asio driver? In Samplitude,Press the"Y" key>audio system,and select asio as the driver system.Select the X-fi as the asio device. Try adjusting the X-fi's asio buffers to a higher setting to see if performance improves.You could also experiment with different "monitoring/engine mode" settings.

Regards,

George