Vstplugins Folder - Other Contents

Guest Gear

Hello all,

Is it safe to put ANYTHING into a Vstplugins folder read by Samplitude, or any other app for that matter?

I have user info in all sorts of formats, and my own patches for plugins, spread around all over the place. If there wasn't a danger of corrupting anything, I'd like to save everything pertaining to the plugins I use in the one (easily backed up) place.

Why is it SOME plugins have a mother folder in the main Applications folder, while others have everything bunged right in with them in the Vstplugins folder?

Do apps and plugins have a more robust ability to recognize each other (in among a range of other file types) than I am giving them credit for?

Greetings. I have a ton of VST plugs and the read-me info and documentation all in a vst folder. I use a single folder outside of Samplitude but I am sure there would be no difference if you were to use the Sam VST the same way. Your program(s) search out the .dll files and ignore other info stored in the same folder.

Jeff

Greetings. I have a ton of VST plugs and the read-me info and documentation all in a vst folder. I use a single folder outside of Samplitude but I am sure there would be no difference if you were to use the Sam VST the same way. Your program(s) search out the .dll files and ignore other info stored in the same folder.

Jeff

Thanks for confirming this Jeff.

I have asked the same in various places and the only potential liability seems to be plugin scanning time.

When needing to rebuild from a disc image (ie: adding work and notes generated since the clean install) this the most

time consuming part for me.

It will be much easier (and reliable I guess) to have everything in the one central location.