Oneshots In Samplitude?

bangbang

I'm testing this new DAW (for me) and I found it totally difficult to work with my oneshot samples.

To be more concrete. I've been using FL7 for a long time and there working with oneshots was perfectly easy. Here in Samplitude I can't figure out how to make my own loop/breakbeat/fill etc from my own oneshots. I noticed of course a drum editor device and I guess it's a place for doing sth with my oneshots. But how to load them there?

Could anyone help me please?

I'm testing this new DAW (for me) and I found it totally difficult to work with my oneshot samples.

To be more concrete. I've been using FL7 for a long time and there working with oneshots was perfectly easy. Here in Samplitude I can't figure out how to make my own loop/breakbeat/fill etc from my own oneshots. I noticed of course a drum editor device and I guess it's a place for doing sth with my oneshots. But how to load them there?

Could anyone help me please?

range-over the sample/loop you want - ctrl+c copy, then ctrl_v paste the range in the track. Ctrl+d as many times as you want to throw down more samples.

Greg

Thanks guys for your advices. I know how to work with "long" samples cause I was using magix music makers vol 2 to vol 5 when I was yoooounger. But I want to know how to easily work with oneshots (snare, hats, kicks etc).

Here is a screen which explains better what I mean:

prevkc6.jpg

As u can see I can very easily work with oneshots. Making some own loops etc is completely easy. Can I make something similar in Samplitude?

or having your loop in place, just select it, then click C+L (loop) and drag the right lower handle to extend the sample for as many bars as needed.

Right. IF you already have a loop object, then this works as well.

The one-shot paradigm in FL is based on it being more of a sample playback design rather than Samplitude's more linear, but object-oriented approach.

You should just build your objects as you'd like in the track and then merely copy them across.

Either that or use the MIDI editor.

Greg