Some Other Questions I Have For Samp Pro 10.2

bottomsup

Hi Guys

I have been pouring over the video's, manual, demo and help file. some questions i am not finding answers to easily are these, please bear in mind i am coming from the cubase way of doing things and just want to knwo if Samp can do these things, and if so how its done here?

1) very simple, can you change the meter colors? i am going buy the birdline skins and would like to have the track meter colors in green, yellow and red. also in cubase i can set the level where the color changes, can this be done in Samp? i like to set my greem to -18dbfs and red at -6dbfs, for my input levels and mixing.

2) I have a quad core q6600 pc, with XP home, tweaked for audio etc. i also have SP3 and the 3/Gb switch on, are there issues with SP3 and the 3/Gb switch with Samp Pro 10?

3) Do VSTi's such as EZ drummer, BFD 2, or stylus RMX automatically sync to the BPM of the project or is there a setting i need to set for this?

4) I have Reason 4 rewired in cubase, how well does rewire/reason work in Samp? i found the checkbox to activate rewire so was just curious, what else needs done to work with reason?

5) Layered recording an comp'ing multiple takes into 1

- In cubase i can toggle recording and each take becomes a seperate lane under the main track, when i am done i can cut/splice the parts I like into the 1 take, how are multiple takes handled in Samp? is it easy to do and then comp parts into one? are there lanes in Samp?

6) I found the snap to grib button, and i set the tracks to bars and beats, how do i set the tracks to have grid lines say every quarter note of a measure etc? so i can see these grid lines etc?

7) Can you link tracks that are not next to each other? say i want to link track 1,2 and 7? how is this done?

8) In Cubase i can name my inputs and outputs with the gear i have and save it. so for every new project say my LA 610 shows up on input 1 etc. can you name inputs and outputs in Samp and save them so they load every new project etc?

9) I understand AUX busses, but in samp what is a submix bus used for?

10) In Cubase there is a VT instrument rack where i load my VSTi's, such as stylus rmx, atmosphere, BFD2 etc, is there a rack or something like that with Samp? or how exactly are these loaded?

11) Programs like stylus RMX, or BFD2 i have broken out to individual tracks in cubase, what is the selection to do this in Samp? is it the last dot in that box when i load them onto a midi track?

12) RMX, in cubase i have 8 midi tracks and 8 instrument tracks linked so with rmx i can drag and drop midi files onto the corresponding midi track and it plays on the instrument track so i can add effects etc. what is the best way to break out RMX in SAMP?

sorry for all these questions, this is most of my workflos, all the other stuff i have figured out ok, these seem alot harder to find so far

any help would be great

thanks

tim

3) Do VSTi's such as EZ drummer, BFD 2, or stylus RMX automatically sync to the BPM of the project or is there a setting i need to set for this? = Yes.

- In cubase i can toggle recording and each take becomes a seperate lane under the main track, when i am done i can cut/splice the parts I like into the 1 take, how are multiple takes handled in Samp? is it easy to do and then comp parts into one? are there lanes in Samp? = Check out the Take Manager. Kraznet has a video tutorial on this site.

6) I found the snap to grib button, and i set the tracks to bars and beats, how do i set the tracks to have grid lines say every quarter note of a measure etc? so i can see these grid lines etc?

= Project Options - Snap/Grid. Right click on Grid Menu to change lines, etc.

7) Can you link tracks that are not next to each other? say i want to link track 1,2 and 7? how is this done? = Yes. Use the chain icons above BYPASS in the mixer. Read manual.

8) In Cubase i can name my inputs and outputs with the gear i have and save it. so for every new project say my LA 610 shows up on input 1 etc. can you name inputs and outputs in Samp and save them so they load every new project etc? = Yes.

9) I understand AUX busses, but in samp what is a submix bus used for? = Running submixes. For example, route all backing vocals to a sub mix buss. The sub mix buss can then be treated as a single entity.

10) In Cubase there is a VT instrument rack where i load my VSTi's, such as stylus rmx, atmosphere, BFD2 etc, is there a rack or something like that with Samp? or how exactly are these loaded? = In the mixer insert slots or the side panel. Also can be viewed and organised in the VSTi Inspector.

11) Programs like stylus RMX, or BFD2 i have broken out to individual tracks in cubase, what is the selection to do this in Samp? is it the last dot in that box when i load them onto a midi track? = If you load a VSTi with more than just a single stereo output you will be presented with various routing options when that VSTi is loaded.

3) Do VSTi's such as EZ drummer, BFD 2, or stylus RMX automatically sync to the BPM of the project or is there a setting i need to set for this? = Yes, automatic.

- In cubase i can toggle recording and each take becomes a seperate lane under the main track, when i am done i can cut/splice the parts I like into the 1 take, how are multiple takes handled in Samp? is it easy to do and then comp parts into one? are there lanes in Samp? = Check out the Take Manager. Kraznet has a video tutorial on this site.

= Project Options - Snap/Grid. Right click on Grid Menu to change lines, etc.

7) Can you link tracks that are not next to each other? say i want to link track 1,2 and 7? how is this done? = Yes. Use the chain icons above BYPASS in the mixer. Read manual.

8) In Cubase i can name my inputs and outputs with the gear i have and save it. so for every new project say my LA 610 shows up on input 1 etc. can you name inputs and outputs in Samp and save them so they load every new project etc? = Yes.

9) I understand AUX busses, but in samp what is a submix bus used for? = Running submixes. For example, route all backing vocals to a sub mix buss. The sub mix buss can then be treated as a single entity.

10) In Cubase there is a VT instrument rack where i load my VSTi's, such as stylus rmx, atmosphere, BFD2 etc, is there a rack or something like that with Samp? or how exactly are these loaded? = In the mixer insert slots or the side panel. Also can be viewed and organised in the VSTi Inspector.

11) Programs like stylus RMX, or BFD2 i have broken out to individual tracks in cubase, what is the selection to do this in Samp? is it the last dot in that box when i load them onto a midi track? = If you load a VSTi with more than just a single stereo output you will be presented with various routing options when that VSTi is loaded.

1) very simple, can you change the meter colors? i am going buy the birdline skins and would like to have the track meter colors in green, yellow and red. also in cubase i can set the level where the color changes, can this be done in Samp? i like to set my greem to -18dbfs and red at -6dbfs, for my input levels and mixing.

Depending on which skins you use, the meters are setup differently. I use both Birdline and Alloy skins - both very good. If you're handy with editing bitmaps you can also tweak these as you with (I think).

2) I have a quad core q6600 pc, with XP home, tweaked for audio etc. i also have SP3 and the 3/Gb switch on, are there issues with SP3 and the 3/Gb switch with Samp Pro 10?

No issues here with 3G switch on two machines. The hybrid engine seems to love it :P

3) Do VSTi's such as EZ drummer, BFD 2, or stylus RMX automatically sync to the BPM of the project or is there a setting i need to set for this?

Yes - using dfhS, Jamstix, and Superior2 here with no issues with re: to bpm sync.

4) I have Reason 4 rewired in cubase, how well does rewire/reason work in Samp? i found the checkbox to activate rewire so was just curious, what else needs done to work with reason?

I don't have Reason, so don't know personally, but have never read of any issues with re: to Reason/Rewire.

Tons of layered recording features using the Take Manager for comping - takes can land on one track, or on same track with click through to choose takes. (Vastly expanded and improved in upcoming V10.2)

In your system project setup (y key), set your bars to 1/4, 1/16th, etc. - your grid lines will correspond (as well as snap). Snap on/off is hotkeyed to switch off grid if desired.

7) Can you link tracks that are not next to each other? say i want to link track 1,2 and 7? how is this done?

Heck ya! Use shift+click to pick objects for groups of tracks/objects. Kraznet has a video on this.

8) In Cubase i can name my inputs and outputs with the gear i have and save it. so for every new project say my LA 610 shows up on input 1 etc. can you name inputs and outputs in Samp and save them so they load every new project etc?

Yes.

9) I understand AUX busses, but in samp what is a submix bus used for?

i.e. group drum tracks together as a submix and monitor it, edit it, effect it, etc. as one grouped track.

10) In Cubase there is a VT instrument rack where i load my VSTi's, such as stylus rmx, atmosphere, BFD2 etc, is there a rack or something like that with Samp? or how exactly are these loaded?

Each mixer channel has a VST rack. Also the VST manager of sorts is a rack.

11) Programs like stylus RMX, or BFD2 i have broken out to individual tracks in cubase, what is the selection to do this in Samp? is it the last dot in that box when i load them onto a midi track?

You can break multi-channel VST's into separate tracks of MIDI/audio/MIDI AND audio, etc. - multiple choice.

12) RMX, in cubase i have 8 midi tracks and 8 instrument tracks linked so with rmx i can drag and drop midi files onto the corresponding midi track and it plays on the instrument track so i can add effects etc. what is the best way to break out RMX in SAMP?

I don't have RMX, but similar - Omnisphere - route each channel in Omni/RMX to separate channels in Samp. mixer and edit accordingly. MIDI tracks can be drag-n-dropped into a master MIDI track, or channel. Lots of options.

Greg

Thanks a ton guys

with your help and fiddling some more i think i have a decent grasp on most of this!

hopefully my Samp Program will be here this week and I can dive in this weekend and get going.

i am pretty stunned at the depth of this program! the plugs are just fantastic, and this forum is so much better than i am used to.

thanks for taking the time, i know its a pain sometimes when noob's come blasting in with tons of questions. i truly am trying to figure it out on my own but these questions and some other things i have learned will set me up for my global template and i should be good from there

thanks again!

Thanks a ton guys

with your help and fiddling some more i think i have a decent grasp on most of this!

hopefully my Samp Program will be here this week and I can dive in this weekend and get going.

i am pretty stunned at the depth of this program! the plugs are just fantastic, and this forum is so much better than i am used to.

thanks for taking the time, i know its a pain sometimes when noob's come blasting in with tons of questions. i truly am trying to figure it out on my own but these questions and some other things i have learned will set me up for my global template and i should be good from there

thanks again!

Don't forget Kraznet's great videos!! http://support.magix.net/boards/samplitude...showtopic=12091

All the best.