Cd Burning Very Slow

Hi All,

I have been using Samplitude 10 for a little while now and done a number of projects, however my CD burner is now taking far to long to burn discs. I switched on buffer under run protection because I think it will fail to burn. I'm talking burning a 75 minute CD in half an hour! So what do you think has gone wrong? Could it be the machine is clogged with temp files? I have noticed that my burner seems O.K till about track 10 then it get very very slow. After it clears the 3/4 point it goes off faster again. I also have CD Architect installed and this will burn discs on the fly with no problems. Any Ideas?

David.H

Hi All,

I have been using Samplitude 10 for a little while now and done a number of projects, however my CD burner is now taking far to long to burn discs. I switched on buffer under run protection because I think it will fail to burn. I'm talking burning a 75 minute CD in half an hour! So what do you think has gone wrong? Could it be the machine is clogged with temp files? I have noticed that my burner seems O.K till about track 10 then it get very very slow. After it clears the 3/4 point it goes off faster again. I also have CD Architect installed and this will burn discs on the fly with no problems. Any Ideas?

David.H

What are you doing? I hope your not using Samplitude as a cd burner for making cds ala Sonic/Window Media Player. If you are, its not designed for that purpose. Use sam to burn your sam projects and that's it.

Hi All,

David.H

What are you doing? I hope your not using Samplitude as a cd burner for making cds ala Sonic/Window Media Player. If you are, its not designed for that purpose. Use sam to burn your sam projects and that's it.

I don't quite understand your point here, I don't use Sonic/Windows Media Player. I load my tracks into Sam 10 which have been recorded on my Alesis HD24. the tracks are mixed ect in Sam 10. I get them reduced to 2 track in the usual way and then it goes on to burn a CD. I only burn projects made with Sam 10. However I do have CD Architect and this does not give me problems like Sam10, i.e accessive time to burn.

James

Hi James,

to beging with, the delay seems to be caused by buffer underrun, not by Samplitude. Samplitude doesn't throttle actively.

However, it might be that excessive load leads to this phenomenon. I.e. CPU duty due to signal processing. Checking your performance graph should illustrate the situation.

-S

Hi James,

to beging with, the delay seems to be caused by buffer underrun, not by Samplitude. Samplitude doesn't throttle actively.

However, it might be that excessive load leads to this phenomenon. I.e. CPU duty due to signal processing. Checking your performance graph should illustrate the situation.

-S

O.K Next time I burn a project I'll have a look at that. However I don't understand why CD Architect can do much much easier. It has no problem burning discs.