Spam

tommy_c

The latest week I have been sent many spam messages like the one I got today from the member "jurdreda", the message says Important! New Forum Rules! and links to a site in russia!

I guess it's to easy for spam bots to register and it is quite annoying to get a mail saying I have a new message here and when I check it is just some ***spam!:unsure:

Thanks for this post, this is the fourth or fifth message like this in my PM box as well. Very strange, I participate in about 6 forums like this, and this is the only place I get this kind of spam. I hope the Magix folks get a handle on this.

-D

I too have been getting spam, the last one was this morning and took me to an adult site. I tried changing my settings to stop PMs from coming in (it sort of defeats the purpose of the whole thing), hope it works or I will remove myself from this 'board. It looks like someone created an account, sent the message and then deleted their account, or it's an automated bot thing as someone else suggested.

Administrators: do you have any suggestions on how to best stop this without losing the functionality of the forum?

ok. We found the leak. :P The patch was installed but not working. :unsure:

Now there is a Flood Control, i.e. user from group "Member" have to wait for 10min before they can send another message.

This limitation does not affect "Samplitude/Sequoia Member" as they have been approved manually by us.

So, we are optimistic that the forum will calm down a bit.

regards, André

ok. We found the leak. :D The patch was installed but not working. :unsure:

Now there is a Flood Control, i.e. user from group "Member" have to wait for 10min before they can send another message.

This limitation does not affect "Samplitude/Sequoia Member" as they have been approved manually by us.

So, we are optimistic that the forum will calm down a bit.

regards, André

Thank you very much, André! :P:P:):)

David