Asio Or Another Driver For Midi

Maybe the SB's ASIO driver is funky?

Try ASIO4ALL driver as another option.

Make sure main MIDI I/O setting is pointing to/from your S/B keyboard (which I guess you do), and then the other plugins that require ASIO should be in your track.

Then try checking what your track monitoring is set for.

It should all work using ASIO, with your keyboard being the controller for any other ASIO synth you have in the tracks, and it should respond to any MIDI you record when you point the track MIDI output back to your keyboard.

I realize I'm not being very clear, but it SHOULD work, so maybe check the monitoring mode, and oh...try using hybrid audio engine (instead of economy engine or whatever).

Greg

Hi Folks, can anyone help a newbie with this one please?

My MIDI sounds on my Edirol keyboard sound wrong when I use the ASIO setting but fine with MME and WMA -what do I use when the plugins need ASIO and my MIDI sounds need MME drivers? I am using an SB Xfi extreme music sound card.

thanks

Hi Folks, can anyone help a newbie with this one please?

My MIDI sounds on my Edirol keyboard sound wrong when I use the ASIO setting but fine with MME and WMA -what do I use when the plugins need ASIO and my MIDI sounds need MME drivers? I am using an SB Xfi extreme music sound card.

thanks

Thanks Greg I'll try these suggestions an let you know. It's odd because the keyboard sounds fine with the other drivers -it's just when using the ASIO settings with the options chosen from the track properties eg vibraphone the keyboard acts up and plays this oddly and not as a proper scale. Fine with all other settings.

your help much appreciated!

Sam Music Bod