Errors Occurred Pluss Other Problems. Please Help

bolling

Ive just bought samplitude 9.1.1 SE with Icon UTRACK interface.

My first problem is that i can only listen in mono when recording (in-put) one ear. The interface has two mic inputs and when i change from one input to nr two , the sound changes from right to left ear,But When i listen to what i have recorded i hear in stereo.What can i do about this?

My second prolem is that when i have recorded i get the question "34 errors have occurred" But it doesent say why or how i can fix the problem.

If you could help me with this you would really help a Man in need.

Thank You

Knut From Norway

Ive just bought samplitude 9.1.1 SE with Icon UTRACK interface.

My first problem is that i can only listen in mono when recording (in-put) one ear. The interface has two mic inputs and when i change from one input to nr two , the sound changes from right to left ear,But When i listen to what i have recorded i hear in stereo.What can i do about this?

Before recording, you have to switch your track to mono in in the track properties.

My second prolem is that when i have recorded i get the question "34 errors have occurred" But it doesent say why or how i can fix the problem.

You will have to increase the size of your interface ASIO buffer. To do that go in the parameters (Y), Audio setup. Clicking on the "Settings" button opens the settings dialog for the sound card driver

JMM

It helped for the error message, but i still cant hear in sterio when recording. I also get a lot of noise when i listen to the recordings . Any thoughts?

Knut,

I am a Samp9SE user, but I'm not familiar with the UTRACK interface. But I did download the user manual. If your Samplitude Monitoring Setup under the System Options is set to one of the settings for hardware monitoring of the track input, it sounds like your interface hardware input mixer is probably not set to mix hardware input input you are using to both monitor channels. There are separate mixer panels for the hardware inputs and the software inputs mixers. This sounds like it might be your problem since the playback does seem to be panned to both output channels.

Also, your the noise may be from your microphone or whatever is connected to the inputs if they are still being monitored during playback.

terry

I checked it out ,and the one ear thing also happens if samplitude is off, so my guess is that its somthing to do with my pc. I use vista. I have checked in controlpanel - sounds, but everything seems to work fine. What the f...k should i do?

I checked it out ,and the one ear thing also happens if samplitude is off, so my guess is that its somthing to do with my pc. I use vista. I have checked in controlpanel - sounds, but everything seems to work fine. What the f...k should i do?

I am not a home right now, so I have no access to the user manual for your interface. But as I recall the manual shows two distinct mixer dialogs--one for the hardware inputs and one for the software inputs. These are part of your interface driver software, not Samp and not Windows. I'm not sure how you get to them (the Control Panel would have been my first guess, but you seem to have tried that--but you do need the Control Panel for the audio device, NOT the Windows Sounds), but if I recall the pictures correctly there is a group of check boxes near the top of the display over the four "level indicators" for the two analog and the two SPDIF channels, that you check to assign that hardware input channel to the monitor output channels. It is sounding more and more like you do not have the input channel you are using assigned to both monitor channels in that display.

Happy hunting.

I'm sorry my friend, I don't think I can help with that; though if it helps, I've not seen that particular problem.

Did anything get moved? I seem to remember some topics on one of the forums about confusion around where different parts of projects are stored, but those memories are too faint to recall I fear.

Good luck. I've found it can be a difficult road, as there are ways to do things in Samp (usually more than one!) that are not all that intuitive, even for users with some digital audio background (which to a large extent I lack). But so far I've been pleased with the flexibility and ease of doing things compared to the other audio editing applications I've used (CoolEdit, Audacity, various Creative SB junk).

I hope you've checked out some of Kraznet's videos. For doing this stuff for free, some of those are truly amazing and well done. With 9SE you'll find some things you can't do, but the basic stuff, like the fundamentals of working with objects and ranges are really, really helpful.

PS I hope my erratic responses are not too offensive. Everything audio is purely recreational for me. I am an engineer by trade, and the project I'm currently working has very strict rules about using any project resources (like computers and networks) for anything that doesn't relate directly to the project. So I only post when at home, and I tend to be gone a bit.