Dynamic Curve Points

kinzerus

Is there a way to copy the dynamic curve points from one track to another?

Also, I could not find a way to move the group of dynamic curve points along the timeline in precise amount - say, 10 ms.

It is hard to believe that in the program so sophisticated as Samplitude there is not way to fix the dynamic curve points to respective positions in the audio object - kind of lock it in. Every time I ripple-delete something in the middle of the project, the audio moves closer to the beginning of the timeline, but the dynamic curve points do not. They remain where they were before the ripple cut. Very counter-intuitive! Aren't these points designed to complement a particular audio object? So, they should move together!

hi,

what are dynamic curve points ? do you mean automation curve ?

If yes, you should have a look at the Link Curve to Object mode, then you can del+ripple or move objects, the curves always follows in the timeline.

best

Phil

hi,

what are dynamic curve points ? do you mean automation curve ?

If yes, you should have a look at the Link Curve to Object mode, then you can del+ripple or move objects, the curves always follows in the timeline.

best

Phil

when you activate the gain button on the left from the track, the yellow dynamic line appears, clicking on that line makes a point, dragging this point creates a dynamic curve. This is a very useful feature, because it allows to avoid using limiting or compressing - without any dynamic loss - but unfortunately, there seems to be no way of locking dynamic curves to the audio material inside of an object - not even to an object itself!

Correct me, if I am wrong!

hi,

when you activate the gain button on the left from the track

hummm... you mean V (=volume) button I guess.

the yellow dynamic line appears

yes, volume automation curve...

clicking on that line makes a point, dragging this point creates a dynamic curve.

well, you just create a volume automation...

but unfortunately, there seems to be no way of locking dynamic curves to the audio material inside of an object - not even to an object itself!

as I explain above, Link Curve to Object Mode is what you're looking for.

But you can do a volume automation (a.k.a dynamic curve as you name it) inside an object, not only on the track, I think you can find here something for you, check manual for Object Automation...

Samp is so powerful... You should be very very rarely stuck.

:rolleyes:

best

Phil