Midi Keyboard Help

Javus

HI,

I was a Cubase user but somehow stumbled onto Samplitude while looking for mastering plug-ins... work flow is 10 times better, excellent program cant wait to try samp 11.

One issue I'm having which seems simple enough but I cant get my edirol pcr-m80 midi keyboard to send notes to a VSTi intrument or my hardware synth so i can record a midi sequence or step input via midi keyboard.

I have check the midi input on the track made sure my edirol was selected as input device etc is there something i'm missing..? it works in cubase no problem - use it all the time

Thanks in advance

only have 20 days left of the trial

Cheers,

Javus

Track monitoring must be enabled on the MIDI track - it serves as MIDI Thru then (little speaker icon). Hybrid/Mixer monitoring should also be activated.

There are some exotic MIDI devices which don't send a valid timestamp - since V11 we offer an optional different time stamp mechanism which solves these kind of problems. But I am very sure that it is a routing problem on your side, not a general problem with the midi device.

Track monitoring must be enabled on the MIDI track - it serves as MIDI Thru then (little speaker icon). Hybrid/Mixer monitoring should also be activated.

There are some exotic MIDI devices which don't send a valid timestamp - since V11 we offer an optional different time stamp mechanism which solves these kind of problems. But I am very sure that it is a routing problem on your side, not a general problem with the midi device.

Worked like a charm Frank. Thanks!

Enjoying this DAW even more

• 5 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Ok Im a newbie, but Im no stranger to digital recording. I specifically wanted Reaper for the Midi step recording, to do bass and maybe piano stuff to add to my other guitar stuff. Im able to bring up the keyboard, but Im not getting any sound and I cant seem to create a track with it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?? Thanks for your help

Hello everyone,

Ok Im a newbie, but Im no stranger to digital recording. I specifically wanted Reaper for the Midi step recording, to do bass and maybe piano stuff to add to my other guitar stuff. Im able to bring up the keyboard, but Im not getting any sound and I cant seem to create a track with it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?? Thanks for your help

Is monitoring turned on in the channel you want to record on?

What is your MIDI input channel set to?

MIDI recording turned on in the channel?

Greg