MIDI Out Dropouts

Nefew

Hello Good Folks,

A few weeks ago, I bought a microKorg to give some of my tracks that analog feel. I used to record stuff line in without applying quantisation through midi, as it gives the music a great live-touch.

Now, i also started using my Korg as a MIDI keyboard, which works fine to programm strings and other instruments. The problem arises when I try to access my Korg out of Samplitude via MIDI Out. After I programmed the notes, samplitude sends the signals back to my Korg but somehow there are regular dropouts of notes when playing. I think the issue is attached to my soundcard, not samplitude. The meter display works fine, and I don't see "visual" dropouts. Also, I don't think it is related to performance.

My set up: MOTU 828MKII (newest driver), PC (4GB RAM, DUAL CORE, WINDOWS XP)

i tried changing buffer sizes (both in the VIP project and on the soundcard), but nothing really worked.

I believe it's just a small thing I'm missing, but somehow hard to find!

I appreciate your help guys! Thx!

Cheers

• 2 years later...

Hello Good Folks,

A few weeks ago, I bought a microKorg to give some of my tracks that analog feel. I used to record stuff line in without applying quantisation through midi, as it gives the music a great live-touch.

Now, i also started using my Korg as a MIDI keyboard, which works fine to programm strings and other instruments. The problem arises when I try to access my Korg out of Samplitude via MIDI Out. After I programmed the notes, samplitude sends the signals back to my Korg but somehow there are regular dropouts of notes when playing. I think the issue is attached to my soundcard, not samplitude. The meter display works fine, and I don't see "visual" dropouts. Also, I don't think it is related to performance.

My set up: MOTU 828MKII (newest driver), PC (4GB RAM, DUAL CORE, WINDOWS XP)

i tried changing buffer sizes (both in the VIP project and on the soundcard), but nothing really worked.

I believe it's just a small thing I'm missing, but somehow hard to find!

I appreciate your help guys! Thx!

Cheers

Hello mate ,

I came across this very post when searching through the forum. I notice you have a microkorg and you have successfully set up for Sam to send signal to trigger your microkorg. ( ie using as a hardware synth) . Can please tell me how you set it up as I am having problems doing so . Any help will be welcomed . I am using Sam pro x . Thanks