Sizing applies timestretch from SX3 equivalent?

pasha

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any equivalent in Samplitude of the Cubase object selection mode where if you go to the "arrow pointing to 11am" in the tools, you can select either "normal sizing" , "sizing moves contents" or "sizing applies timestretch". This last Cubase tool is extremely useful when, say, lining-up vocal takes etc. It's the timestretch bit that's so good.

Does anybody know if there is an equivalent way of doing this in Samplitude?

Would appreciate any help.

Tom

content can be slid inside an object.

Greg

yes, i knew it could be done, may i ask how? or how the function is called?

I'd also like to know how this is done I can't find anything in the handbook or anywhere.

Thanks in anticipation.

Tom

The thing is that in Cubase it's not done just numerically, i.e. calculating, filling-in forms etc, it's just changing the mouse pointer and it you define the limits by cutting or defining the "end" of the audio piece, then by merely "pushing" the beginning of the audio slice the amount you want it will apply the timestretch accordingly. I am aware of the "form-filling" timestretch bit but that's a bit laborious and mathematical. How can this be done in Samplitude? Look forward and thanks for the reply.

Tom

For pitchshift or timestretch use PSTS mouse mode and drag object edges (at the corner nodes) - OR - right click highlighted object and go to edit object>resampling timestretching and key in the values you want.

To move CONTENT inside an object, I think ctrl+alt+9 or 0 moves content in predefined steps (I rarely use this feature).

Greg