Tape Stop Effect??

rugerbaby

Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew how to achieve the tapestop/turntable power off effect in Samplitude. Im coming from Cubase and in Cubase I can process/print the effects onto the wav file. Which I think would be "destructive editing" ?? Heres an example

http://audio.tutsplus.com/production/how-t...-with-cubase-4/

How can I process files in Samplitude?? Also is there a pitshift option where I can draw my own curve without timestretching ?

If theres any way to create this effect, please chime in. It would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!! :blink:

Hi Rugerbaby :blink:

I quickly knocked this video up showing you can use Elastic Audio in Samp to get a similar effect . Is it what you were meaning?

ElasticAudioQuickie.wmv

Regards

Kraznet

yes! That's exactly what I was talking about. Thank you very much for taking time to make this video and helping others out. I really appreciate it. And btw so far Samp. is awesome!!

Thanks Again!!

Hi Rugerbaby :lol:

I quickly knocked this video up showing you can use Elastic Audio in Samp to get a similar effect . Is it what you were meaning?

ElasticAudioQuickie.wmv

Regards

Kraznet

Hi Kraznet,

I couldn't seem to do this in the regular version. Is it possible?

Thanks

Summer2000

Hi Summer ,

Welcome to the board :blush: . I presume you mean Samplitude 11 not the Pro version ? It seems that it has Elastic Audio Easy . The effect I created was using Direct Mode with the Resample algo . Is that available in your version ?

Regards

Kraznet

Hi Rugerbaby :lol:

ElasticAudioQuickie.wmv

Regards

Kraznet

Hi Kraznet,

I couldn't seem to do this in the regular version. Is it possible?

Thanks

Summer2000

Hi Summer ,

Welcome to the board :blush: . I presume you mean Samplitude 11 not the Pro version ? It seems that it has Elastic Audio Easy . The effect I created was using Direct Mode with the Resample algo . Is that available in your version ?

Regards

Kraznet

Yes I'm referring to 11 and not Pro and yes it has Resample algo. But unlike what you did in the video, I cannot draw a straight line on the wave file to time stretch the clip. All I see are connected dots on the on the sample and I cannot change them to a straight line.

Summer2000

Yes I'm referring to 11 and not Pro and yes it has Resample algo. But unlike what you did in the video, I cannot draw a straight line on the wave file to time stretch the clip. All I see are connected dots on the on the sample and I cannot change them to a straight

Hi Summer ,

I wil install Samplitude non Pro and see if I can reproduce you problem . I'll get back to you on it .

Regards

Kraznet

Hi Summer ,

OK I installed your version and it looks like there is only one mode available with EA Easy and that it's really just set up as a kind of Autotune type effect . In Pro you have Relative and Direct modes and Direct was the one I used for the video . In Samp standard you don't get this choice . So it looks like you can't do the slow down trick using EAE as far as I can tell . Sorry .

Regards

Kraznet

Hi Summer ,

OK I installed your version and it looks like there is only one mode available with EA Easy and that it's really just set up as a kind of Autotune type effect . In Pro you have Relative and Direct modes and Direct was the one I used for the video . In Samp standard you don't get this choice . So it looks like you can't do the slow down trick using EAE as far as I can tell . Sorry .

Regards

Kraznet

I was afraid that it would not be a feature on the regular version. Thanks for looking into it though.

Summer2000

• 1 year later...

ElasticAudioQuickie.wmv

Regards

Kraznet

You are a GENIUS!! I figured I could do this with EA, but don't have a lot of experience with it and couldn't figure it out. I will remember this forever!

Kevin

ElasticAudioQuickie.wmv

Regards

Kraznet

You are a GENIUS!! I figured I could do this with EA, but don't have a lot of experience with it and couldn't figure it out. I will remember this forever!

Kevin

Thanks for the compliment Kevin it's much appreciated.I actually did an updated version as well which I've attached here.

Cheers

Kraznet

TapeSlowdownEffect.mp4