Samplitide is locking up or force closing

redddog

Lost about 4 hours of work last night.

My system has been very stable for about 2 years and now it's not. I don't know if it's related but the problems started after I installed EZ drummer.

System:

Pentium d830

Windows XP x64

Asus p5ld2 deluxe MB

Samp 9

1 gig RAM

I know that I need more RAM and that this is an older system but I've been super stable until now.

Any ideas would be great.

My system has been very stable for about 2 years and now it's not. I don't know if it's related but the problems started after I installed EZ drummer.

System:

Pentium d830

Windows XP x64

Asus p5ld2 deluxe MB

Samp 9

1 gig RAM

I know that I need more RAM and that this is an older system but I've been super stable until now.

Probably should upgrade the RAM for sure, 4 GIG with XP. Careful with installing NEW stuff. I learned this the hard way the other day. But I had and acronis Back up. Just backup stuff.

Is it possible for you to help someone without being a total douche-bag?

It is difficult for me to ignore the obvious. Just as difficult as it seems for you having somebody to speak it out.

Regards,

Sebastian

No, Sebastian. It's going out of your way to be a jerk. The question was about a system issue. It had nothing to do with my saving habits. You just look for opportunities to display your superior technical opinions and you do it in a way that offends people's intelligence. A mark of someone who is anything but superior.

People come here to get answers to questions that are most likely frustrating. We don't need to put up with your BS attitude. A little common courtesy would be nice. Google it if you don't know what that is.

The question was about a system issue. It had nothing to do with my saving habits.

I have no other idea how you may have lost 4 h of work due to an application- or system crash, other than by not-saving your work for the specified period of time. My answer was based on the input you provided and sincerely considers what may have been the most relevant shortcoming in that case.

It is your decision to accept such advice or not as you bear the consequences. Disapproval of a suggestion does not justify bad behaviour in any case.

Regards,

Sebastian Gabler

System:

Pentium d830

Windows XP x64

Asus p5ld2 deluxe MB

Samp 9

1 gig RAM

You don't really give all that much info on what it is you did to your system. You know ez drummer was the problem, safe to assume I would say. Your specs don't really say anything though 1 G of ram seems awful low. What else could someone ascertain from this post?

I'm not sure if EZdrummer is the issue here, but if you had a stable system until you installed EZdrummer, I should consider re-installing it and add some extra RAM.

Install EZdrummer and see what happens.

In this case it´s a trial and error.

To get back to the saving issue.

Sam has a default setting for saving. I think it's every 5 or 10 minutes.

So you'd probably find your work in your project folder as a bak.VIP file.

Good Luck.

-peter