SampleTank/Philharmonik showing as VST not VSTi

RamieK

Hi.

I'm having a strange problem with the way Samplitude 11 Pro is handling IK Multimedia's SampleTank and Miroslav Philharmonik. They are showing up in the plugins list as VST's, not VSTi's. I can load them into a plugin slot and with some tweaking I can control them with a MIDI keyboard, but this method seems to destabilize Samplitude. I've experienced quite a few application crashes when using these instruments this way, with little detail in the crash log.

I'm running the latest versions of ST and MP, and they seem to run perfectly as VSTi's in Reaper. Is there something I need to do to make Samplitude recognize them as VSTi's?

FYI...I've got an Intel i7-920 2.66GHz processer, a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 mobo, 4GB RAM, and I'm running Windows XP Pro tweaked using the Samplitude Optimization Guide. I'm running Samplitude from the system drive with the VST folder on the same drive, Samplitude projects and audio are all on a separate SATA drive, and the ST and MP samples are located on a third SATA drive. Not sure if that info is relevant, but I thought I'd include it

I'm new to both Samplitude and this forum, coming from an Akai DPS 24-track recorder. So far, I'm pretty impressed with Samplitude.

Ray

Just wanted to report that after uninstalling and reinstalling SampleTank and Philharmonik for the third time, they're finally showing up in the Samplitude plugin list as VSTi's, and seem to be running smoothly. Why it took three tries, I have no idea.

I did also move the samples to the system drive, although I'm not sure what effect that might have had.

Ray