trial version did the trick

Well, I downloaded the demo version of 11 and liked it so much that I purchased a pre-owned copy of 10pro, with the hope of upgrading in the near future. I have been using Cubase since sx2, currently on Cubase5. I have been successfully using the Steinberg Houston Controller, mostly for automated fader moves, mutes, pans, etc. I am wondering if there is any possibility that the Houston will work with samplitude ? I have read here of other controllers that are being used, but I am hoping to not have to spend more money for another controller. I am not looking for total controller functionality, mostly just what I have been using in cubase. Thanks for your thoughts/suggestions.

hi!

i've never heard of a sam user to operate this controller. but some user ("SluckP2") did another steinberg controller get to work (with a special version i prepared for him to test). so you maybe ask "SluckP2". the special version is only an option for v11 (not your current v10pro). so the only way you can try this before you upgrade, is to install the trial version on another computer.

ciao falcone

hi!

i've never heard of a sam user to operate this controller. but some user ("SluckP2") did another steinberg controller get to work (with a special version i prepared for him to test). so you maybe ask "SluckP2". the special version is only an option for v11 (not your current v10pro). so the only way you can try this before you upgrade, is to install the trial version on another computer.

ciao falcone

Hi Falcone,

Thanks for your reply. I will try to contact SluckP2 when the time comes. In reading the online manual for version 11, I noticed that there is a "learn" function in the controller section. Can this be used to teach any midi-capable controller to operate in Samplitude?

Regards,

Keith