regarding changing volume on Vandal while recording.

Am I allowed to change the volume on my amp while I'm playing? It doesn't seem to have any affect on relative volume, it just plays at whatever volume its at last. Also, with effects, is it possible to record hot, switching effects on the fly?

Regards,

Roger

Am I allowed to change the volume on my amp while I'm playing? It doesn't seem to have any affect on relative volume, it just plays at whatever volume its at last.

I don't understand quite what you mean. What do you want to achieve?

What exactly is 'volume' here?

- guitar volume pot?

- input knob in Vandal's console?

- master output volume in the console?

- guitar amp pre or post gain?

- guitar amp power amp volume?

What's 'relative' volume here?

Also, with effects, is it possible to record hot, switching effects on the fly?

I guess you're aware that the recorded track is all-dry, what ever you dial in, right? So, the only thing to keep in mind is that switching presets or scenes can sometimes cause sudden load spikes. This is due to necessary synchronization between the engine and the buffer calls from/to the host, because the engine isn't allowed to trash modules which they are still being processed and has to wait till the buffer is handed out to the host.

Apart from complete module changes, simple effect on/off state changes and parameter twists should are fine.

Am I allowed to change the volume on my amp while I'm playing? It doesn't seem to have any affect on relative volume, it just plays at whatever volume its at last.

I don't understand quite what you mean. What do you want to achieve?

What exactly is 'volume' here?

- guitar volume pot?

- input knob in Vandal's console?

- master output volume in the console?

- guitar amp pre or post gain?

- guitar amp power amp volume?

What's 'relative' volume here?

Also, with effects, is it possible to record hot, switching effects on the fly?

I guess you're aware that the recorded track is all-dry, what ever you dial in, right? So, the only thing to keep in mind is that switching presets or scenes can sometimes cause sudden load spikes. This is due to necessary synchronization between the engine and the buffer calls from/to the host, because the engine isn't allowed to trash modules which they are still being processed and has to wait till the buffer is handed out to the host.

Apart from complete module changes, simple effect on/off state changes and parameter twists should are fine.

I just meant the volume pot on the Vandal amp itself. relative meaning, I turn up the volume at one point, and relative to what it was before, its louder. ;) Being able to do this while recording as if live.