"Error Writing Data"

redddog

• 7 months later...

Does the problem still persist? Not sure if you mean above that you have solved it meanwhile by "got it".

Best,

-S

hey i have the same problem and the alert saying "error writing data" still shows up when i try and save a copy of the file or copying the project.

i can't copy the entire vip, or anything.

samplitude 11

Are you able to copy files using windows Explorer?

strangely, no, no i am not.

while waiting for a reply i'm going to go search for help on that in windows forums. but i'll return here periodically seeing if any help was found here or to post the solution.

EDIT: i didn't have the permissions to "modify" the contents of my recording/production folder. hmm... i guess that happened when i renamed my HDD. odd. well if anyone has trouble with saving files;

1. make sure you ARE the admin of the computer. if you can (or are) the admin, continue. if not, then well... your out of luck.

2. go to desired folder (if you do file by file you'll get bored fast, hit em all with one shot) right click > properties > security and make sure you have full control over all the contents of the folders. Windows might give you some hassle but this is a basic thing.

3. while your at it, you might wanna make sure that the folders/files aren't set to "read only" because that might give you some grief also.

strange situation and i'm not sure how it happened, but nevertheless it did. and it got fixed. and here is a possible solution to anyone having similar problems.

Tim: thank you for giving me the idea to check out explorer. that fersure took me in the correct direction and saved loads of tiem.

Edited by somethingstarted

while waiting for a reply i'm going to go search for help on that in windows forums. but i'll return here periodically seeing if any help was found here or to post the solution.

EDIT: i didn't have the permissions to "modify" the contents of my recording/production folder. hmm... i guess that happened when i renamed my HDD. odd. well if anyone has trouble with saving files;

1. make sure you ARE the admin of the computer. if you can (or are) the admin, continue. if not, then well... your out of luck.

2. go to desired folder (if you do file by file you'll get bored fast, hit em all with one shot) right click > properties > security and make sure you have full control over all the contents of the folders. Windows might give you some hassle but this is a basic thing.

3. while your at it, you might wanna make sure that the folders/files aren't set to "read only" because that might give you some grief also.

strange situation and i'm not sure how it happened, but nevertheless it did. and it got fixed. and here is a possible solution to anyone having similar problems.

Tim: thank you for giving me the idea to check out explorer. that fersure took me in the correct direction and saved loads of tiem.

Ya got it, definitely a OS or HD issue. Let us know what you find.

• 1 year later...

This happened to me today and I realized what the issue is. I had previously opened the project under the same name. But I realized that the files I needed to import were at a different sample rate. So I did File->Close Project. When I went to save the file under the same project name it said "error writing data". My guess is that Samplitude had a file handle or resource to that file still open. Something like that.

So the solution was to use a different project name.

Gordon

edit: using Pro X here.

Ya got it, definitely a OS or HD issue. Let us know what you find.