Conform edits between projects

JonesH

Hi,

I just got an edited stereo version of a recording from our producer as a VIP file. I wonder if there's a way to open the multitrack project and conform it to the edit decisions he's made? The take numbers are the same.

Any tips/tools/workflows apart from making the entire edit from the sheet again?

see if I understand you. You have a stereo edited track in a VIP. You want to open the multitrack version (VIP) you made the stereo file from and apply the cuts/edits that he did to the stereo, to the multi-track so when you play back the multitrack, its like it was edited by the guy, following the same cuts he did to the stereo?

correct?

Or rather, this wasn't made from the same VIP. Sorry.

The stereo version was mixed simultaneously to another recording machines' VIP while the multitracks were churning on in parallel. They're not sample-exact, thus.

Even so, if there's a possibility that I could adjust all edits rather than make everything from scratch... I'd be thrilled.