File - export - wav is emplty file

Hi all, I've just built a new PC with Win 7 and Samplitude 11 Professional. Used to use XP and Sam 8 Pro. So, I should be familiar with it, but I'm having a very basic problem: I want to export a wav file from a highlighted range in a VIP project. It runs through the process and produces a wav file that is the right size, yet the file is totally silent! The export options are obvious and simple, it should export okay but doesn't. Software is registered, CodeMeter stick firmware is up to date. Only other variable here is that I now have an RME card in the PC which I am not too familiar with yet.

What am I missing?

Phil

hi Phil,

are you sure you don't forget a Solo'ed track somewhere ? (on a hiden track) or a hiden completely down Volume Automation in this range ?

Do you export by Export Audio or by Tools Bounce ? In Bounce dialog, there're many options and you can easily make an error (bounce another selected track which was empty for example)...

These are only few morning ideas... good luck !

cheers

Phil

hi Phil,

are you sure you don't forget a Solo'ed track somewhere ? (on a hidden track) or a hidden completely down Volume Automation in this range ?

Do you export by Export Audio or by Tools Bounce ? In Bounce dialog, there're many options and you can easily make an error (bounce another selected track which was empty for example)...

These are only few morning ideas... good luck !

cheers

Phil

Phil, thanks for the suggestion to go to Tools - Bounce! That worked perfectly! I still don't understand why using File - Export Audio makes a wav file that is totally silent, but I can work with this. Hooray!

cheers,

Phil