Help with plugins

g.finzi

Hi,

I'm a Samplitude newbie, so apologies if this has been answered elsewhere on the forum. I looked, but couldn't find an answer to my question.

I have just moved over from Sonar X1 Producer to Samplitude Pro 11. I really like what I see so far, but I have a problem with importing my VST and VSTi plugins (which have become quite important to me!).

I have scanned the relevant VST plugin paths, but only two have appeared in my plugin menu. I'm a bit concerned that this is a 32-bit/64-bit issue (although not all of the plugins that I think are 32-bit have appeared either).

I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit. I did the standard DVD install of Samplitude Pro 11 today, followed by the 'Version 11.2.1.0' download of Samplitude Pro at the Service Center. I see that the program has been installed in the 'Program Files x86' folder, which is the main reason I am worried that this is a 32-bit/64-bit problem.

Anyway, any advice? Should I do a full uninstall and direct the install wizard to put the program in the 'Program Files' folder?

Help!

Cheers,

David

PS I tried restarting the computer. When I started Samplitude it appeared to scan my plugins, but they still weren't visible in the plugin menu.

Hi David,

welcome and enjoy your time here. First, take a look at this video from Kraznet http://www.youtube.com/user/kraznet#p/c/5BABF6AF62F8590D/5/AkCwaox1oso

Samp 11.21Pro is 32-bit without automatic bridging fuctionality. Without JBridge only 32bit plugins are shown in your vst scans. If you have a few plugin folders, scan every folder seperately. If your folders have subfolders, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\MAGIX\Samplitude_11_Pro\VstPlugins.ini and edit the *ini with notepad.

"DirectoryRecursionDepth=2

DirectoryDisplayDepth=1" are the defaults, set it to higher values, save the *ini, open Sam and scan your folders again. You can also delete the *ini completely. Sam creates a new one when it starts, but you have to do your scans again. Hope this helps a little bit.

best regards

Thinking more about the issues here (bothering with JBridge or editing folders) I wonder if I just shouldn't wait until Samplitude Pro X is launched. My copy of Pro 11 came with a free upgrade to Pro X. I gather that Pro X will be available later this month, and that it will be 64-bit compatible. Is that right? If so, I'll wait for that. Any advice here would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,

David