Vandal - updates?......

onebaldguy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Kemper still has some real problems regarding the stability of the software. The profiling amp could be a nice piece of equipment, but at the moment it´s not usable in a live situation as it tends to crash.

Regards,

Matthias

Kemper still has some real problems regarding the stability of the software. The profiling amp could be a nice piece of equipment, but at the moment it´s not usable in a live situation as it tends to crash.

I used the VANDAL „Live“ for many hours without any problems. The guitar signal into a ART Tube MP Studio V3, then into a NI Rig Kontrol, looped via USB to a notebook (Toshiba Qosmio), back to the Rig Kontrol and finally into studio monitors or directly into the PA. As for the Kemper Profiling Amp I have the impression „Two steps forward, one back but“.

Greetings, Peter

The Kemper Profiling Amp is an interesting possibility for digital amp and cab simulation. But even more possibilities arise with a plugin in a DAW. And therefore seems to be the consistent development: VANDAL !

Greetings, Peter

Yeah, live with a plug in, integrated in a DAW and notebook. You mean live in your living room and not on stage, right?

The Kemper Profiling Amp is an interesting possibility for digital amp and cab simulation. But even more possibilities arise with a plugin in a DAW. And therefore seems to be the consistent development: VANDAL !

Greetings, Peter

Yeah, live with a plug in, integrated in a DAW and notebook. You mean live in your living room and not on stage, right?

He meant live on stage. There´s no need to become insulting. It´s a well known fact that guitar players can be a little bit "conservative" at times, to say the least, bit that´s no reason to ignore developments like Vandal, or other guitar-software for that matter. If you don´t like it - don´t use it. But please allow other players to make their own choice. I´ve been using software-amps on stage myself and I also know other players who do so. Oh, btw, I´ve been using Sam and Sequoia as a live mixer quite often - wanna have a go at me for that as well?

Peter is making himself quite a bit of work with all those presets and other stuff regarding Vandal. I think it´s quite poor to comment his work in such a sarcastic manner, without any useful comment whatsoever.

Regards,

Matthias

Lads.

I used Vandal on stage (at 'real", not the local lounge, gigs) under Brainspawn Forte for a couple of years after I sold my Axe Ultra on a PC Win7 laptop with no issues whatsoever.

My own experience, not hearsay from another Forum!

Cheers,

Bob.

Maybe somebody is using a P.A. in a "living" room. But not me, I mostly use headphones.

„Live“ of course on stage! Some things are required to ensure the stability of the system. But then… no problems, nearly unlimited possibilities, great sounds… but most guitarists do not believe this. May they continue to play over their analog legends. Of this, a few with me in the cellar.

Greetings, Peter

Greetings, Peter

He meant live on stage. There´s no need to become insulting. It´s a well known fact that guitar players can be a little bit "conservative" at times, to say the least, bit that´s no reason to ignore developments like Vandal, or other guitar-software for that matter. If you don´t like it - don´t use it. But please allow other players to make their own choice. I´ve been using software-amps on stage myself and I also know other players who do so. Oh, btw, I´ve been using Sam and Sequoia as a live mixer quite often - wanna have a go at me for that as well?

Peter is making himself quite a bit of work with all those presets and other stuff regarding Vandal. I think it´s quite poor to comment his work in such a sarcastic manner, without any useful comment whatsoever.

Regards,

Matthias

Wuf Wuf...

Take that, but it´s a vision. A real VANDAL-Amp like this:

- Tube MP

- Audio-Interface

- Integrated (but changeable) notebook or similar

- Neutral power-amp and speakers like studio-monitors

- Control knobs for Voicing (as a switch), Input, Bass, Middle, Treble and Volume

- Foot controller with two switchable pedals, twelve footswitches with LED and a display for the presets

Wow !

Take that, but it´s a vision. A real VANDAL-Amp like this:

- Tube MP

- Audio-Interface

- Integrated (but changeable) notebook or similar

- Neutral power-amp and speakers like studio-monitors

- Control knobs for Voicing (as a switch), Input, Bass, Middle, Treble and Volume

- Foot controller with two switchable pedals, twelve footswitches with LED and a display for the presets

Wow !

I take it! Agree. But this will only happen when the developer will be over with Magix. Magix business model is not made for reliable hardware development and sales.

I take it! Agree. But this will only happen when the developer will be over with Magix. Magix business model is not made for reliable hardware development and sales.

Yeah, a real „VANDAL Stage Amp“… I agree, poor chances.

However maybe realizable in cooperation with a reputable manufacturer. For example, few had thought it would be possible, but now he is there, the foot controller Icon-VGig “Powered by Vandal”.

A little hope is.

Greetings, Peter